Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: George Goglidze Berdzenishvili on 04-05-2013 06:15:26 PM
Hi guys,
I was wondering if you could give me some pointers, or just direct me to the required API/documentation to do the following:

1) Phone A has a CFA set to CTI RP.
2) CTI RP is my application, that in some cases needs to redirect the call back to Phone A.

Becaus Phone A is redirecting to CTI RP, the Phone A never gets the call back from the RP.

Is there a way to do this? And if so how?

Many thanks everyone,

George,

Subject: RE: redirect from RP to Phone with CFA to the same RP
Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 16-05-2013 08:21:32 PM
If CFA is set, all calls would be forwarded. So, you cant send a call back as that would also get forwarded.
Instead of redirecting back to phone, is it possible that you forward the calls from Phone conditionally to RP.
So, basically your JTAPI application controls the phone and on getting OfferedEv you apply your business logic to determine whether call needs to stay on phone or whether it needs to be routed to RP. If it neeeds to be routed then you can invoke Redirect() API to send the call to RP.

Replied by: David Staudt on 17-05-2013 12:02:46 PM
Abhishek's idea gets pretty close, but I think there may be a race condition if you try and monitor the phone and then try and kick calls off the phone as they arrive, in that the phone will immediately auto-accept any incoming call and potentially start ringing.  So user experience might be a quick partial ring or display flash before the app can brush the call off.

The core challenge is that in fact the use-case as described is not CFA, which is unconditional - what you seem to be asking for is conditional forwarding, i.e. managed by application business logic.  So you want the user not to invoke UCM managed CFA, but rather a service of your app that is a 'replacement' for CFA. 
For this concept to work, all calls to the device (or at least calls which should receive this treatment - based on UCM dial plan) need to first be sent to an app CTI-RP.  Your app then decides whether the call should actually be Redirect()'ed onward to the phone, or Redirect()'ed to the forwarded destination.

Replied by: George Goglidze Berdzenishvili on 18-05-2013 05:09:36 AM
Hi guys,

Many thanks for your replies!!! I greatly appreciate it.

Indeed David, this solution does work as I have tried it already, but as you mentioned yourself the user experience is not good.
As this is Manager/Assistant application. I cannot have a manager's phone ring even once.

I have thought of the following solution:
In CUCM I enable the service parameter: CFA Destination Override

And I still leave the CFA on the manager's phone.
then I try to do the following:
instead of using a Redirect() method (with this method the original caller's ID is maintained, and the CFA destinatino override feature does not kick-in).
I want to use blind transfer -> where the call would actually be made from CTI RP so the CFA destination override function kicks in and let the manager's phone accpt the call.

But I could not get the blid transfer work. it tells me the following:
com.cisco.jtapi.InvalidStateExceptionImpl: Did not meet pre-conditions.

I have posted another Question on this forum for the transfer problem. so I will not continue listing how I'm doing it exactly on this question.
I guess this question can be closed, and I would really appreciate if you coud answer here:
http://developer.cisco.com/web/jtapi/community/-/message_boards/message/15294084

Many thanks guys,
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links