Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Kalimuthu muthuraja on 19-07-2010 07:14:26 AM
Has anyone seen this problem or have any suggestions on what I should be looking for. We have a CVP Studio VXML app that uses the "Record" voice element to collect a voice recording from the caller. We have set the following values in the Settings tab:
Noinput Timeout - 5s
Max NoInput Count - 3
Start With Beep - true
Terminate On DTMF - false
Max Record Time - 180
Final Silence - 4s
FileName - Name.wav
File Type - wav
FTP In Background - false

What is happening is the Noinput Timeout of 5seconds is never firing. If I stay silent for 180 seconds (I have my phone on mute), instead of timing out after 5 seconds, the CVP app is recording 180 seconds of silence.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Muthu

Subject: RE: Reg : NoInput event not firing in CVP Record Element
Replied by: Tieying Xuan on 20-07-2010 03:47:43 AM
Hi Muthu,

The "noinput timeout" should work with Record element. You need to mute the phone before the "beep".

If you still have the issue, please open a TAC case to check your Voice Gateway settings.

Replied by: Bill Webb on 22-07-2010 02:48:09 AM
In order to support the "NoInput" event, you need to have voice activity detection (VAD) enabled on the gateway.  If this is CVP Standalone, then you want to make sure that the dial-peer calling this app does *not* have the command "no vad" on it.  For CVP Comprehensive, it is the same for the dial-peer that calls the boostrap.tcl service.

- Bill

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 22-07-2010 05:12:57 PM
I would suggst you to strongly check your vxml gateway settings. We had  similar problems in the past and found that one of the gateway version had a bug where the record element would not work correctly. We had to roll back to older version to fix it. Check with Cisco TAC.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links