Ringtone/error DNs use "Send To Originator" - B2BUA errors in Error Log

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: GEOFFREY THOMPSON on 22-07-2008 11:27:28 PM
Hi,

CVP 4.0(2)

I have my two DNs for ringtone (71717171) and play error message (72727272) at the gateway configured in the "Send To Originator" area of the SIP section of the two Call Servers on the Ops Console. Despite it all working correctly, my Error Logs are filled with entries like this:

%CVP_4_0_SIP-3-SIP_INTERNAL_ERROR: B2BUA is not configured with a route for making calls to [71717171]. Please add this route. [id:5005]

I use no Outbound Proxy but use SRV records, so I have static routes to the Proxy Cluster Name which is configured as a domain in DNS with SRV records.

I'd like to eliminate this error. If I configured a static route for each of these, would the "Send to Originator" take precedence and keep my current operations and fool the SIP service into not writing this error to the log file.

Has this been adjusted in a subsequent version?

Regards,
Geoff

Subject: Re: Ringtone/error DNs use "Send To Originator" - B2BUA errors in Error Log
Replied by: Christopher LeBlanc on 22-07-2008 11:56:26 PM
Hi Geoff,
In the on-line help, its says this for the originator list:

This setting overrides sending the call to the outbound proxy or to any locally configured static routes. It is also limited in use to calls from the IOS gateway SIP "User Agent", because it checks the User Agent header value of the incoming invite to verify this information. If the label returned from ICM for the transfer matches one of the configured patterns specified for this field, then the call will be routed to the sip URL of "sip:<label>@<host portion of from header of incoming invite>". This functionality is similar to the Unified CVP Voice Browser setting "TransferLabel" for H.323 calls.

So it looks like you can configure the error and ring DNs in the static route list and it should not use them but eliminate the errors in your log file.

As far as I know this has not been addressed in a CVP release. You can file a defect if you wish.

Regards,
-Chris

Subject: Re: Ringtone/error DNs use "Send To Originator" - B2BUA errors in Error Log
Replied by: Paul Antinori on 23-07-2008 12:40:45 PM
Chris is right. The send to originator will only be used for the IOS survivability callers. At the least, you should have the static routes configured for those DNs, since you could call in with IP callers, and send to orginator will never kick in.
The error messages you see are just for reminding you. They served their purpose.

Replied by: GEOFFREY THOMPSON on 23-07-2008 01:45:36 PM
Thanks gents. That's what I figured. I'll test this out in the development system.

These do end up in the syslog feed which goes to the CNM (Solar Winds - Orion) so eliminating them is desirable.

Regards,
Geoff

Edited by: GEOFFREY THOMPSON on Jul 23, 2008 9:45 AM

Replied by: GEOFFREY THOMPSON on 23-07-2008 11:09:30 PM
I set this up in the lab and just configured a static route to my DNS server - I wanted to pick an IP address that meant something but wasn't the SIP Proxy Server. Now I don't have these annoying errors.

I still think it's a bug. ;-)

Regards,
Geoff
CreatePlease to create content