cancel

Send call from call manager extension to ICM skill group

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Sujin Jebakar on 11-08-2011 03:17:42 PM
Hi All,

We are currently implementing a Cisco UCCE project in the below given deployment model.

PSTN Gateway --> CVP --> ICM --> CVP --> CUCM

UCCE version is 8.0(3)

In this solution, we are using 30 DNIS numbers and they are pointing to distinct skill sets. In normal scenario, calls are going through fine and agents are able to receive calls.

Now we got a new requirement from the customer. That is, agents should have capability to put the incoming calls back to any CVP/ICM queue if the caller has reached an incorrect agent either by selecting invalid input or not entered anything in the IVR. 

My understanding is that CVP will release the call as soon as it has been successfully delivered to an agent. Hence if an agent wants to put/send caller back to another skill set OR Queue, could anyone help me how should I do that?

Thanks,
Sujin

Subject: RE: New Message from Sujin Jebakar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 11-08-2011 06:44:12 PM
Have the agent do a soft phone transfer to a agent who can handle that or to a number that maps to the queueing script for that skill set.
Hemal
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:17 PM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Sujin Jebakar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Discussion - All Versions: Send call from call manager extension to ICM skill group

Sujin Jebakar has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion - All Versions":

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

We are currently implementing a Cisco UCCE project in the below given deployment model.

PSTN Gateway --> CVP --> ICM --> CVP --> CUCM

UCCE version is 8.0(3)

In this solution, we are using 30 DNIS numbers and they are pointing to distinct skill sets. In normal scenario, calls are going through fine and agents are able to receive calls.

Now we got a new requirement from the customer. That is, agents should have capability to put the incoming calls back to any CVP/ICM queue if the caller has reached an incorrect agent either by selecting invalid input or not entered anything in the IVR.

My understanding is that CVP will release the call as soon as it has been successfully delivered to an agent. Hence if an agent wants to put/send caller back to another skill set OR Queue, could anyone help me how should I do that?

Thanks,
Sujin
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link:

<http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/4350932>

or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Send call from call manager extension to ICM skill group
Replied by: Audra Galiano on 24-08-2011 03:32:24 PM
Two methods to achieve a call back to the Queue with UCC Enterprise and CVP in Comprehensive mode.

If the agent is dialing from the TELEPHONE set do the following:

create a new dialed number and new call type inside ICM, point it to the same script for the call setup.
build a CUCM (call manager route point) with that same dialed number and associate it with PG User.

If the agent is dialing from the CTIOS Desktop client or where you need both to function configure the
ICM Dialed Number plan as follows:
insert a dialed number string the agents will dial (the same dialed number you just built)
check post route
then select the DN/Call type
select type for PBX.

Both of these should work if you are running in Comprehensive mode to enable agents to dial
either from the phone or the desktop.

If you want to have the agents NOT dial from the phone, do not build the route point on CUCM.
The ICM Dialed Number Plan takes control from the Desktop.
CreatePlease to create content