Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Gabriel Kujawski on 31-12-2010 07:50:25 AM
Hi guys,
Please can you give me a litte advice regarding why I cannot send CiscoIPPhoneStatus XML object to the IP phone while CiscoIPPhoneText is accepted without any problems?

My idea it to push to the ip phone's screen CiscoIPPhoneStatus with the description of the caller taken out of some kind of database. Without UCXSI this required a radius server and some fancy scripts launched for every accounting record callected by the server. IMHO it was rather the ugly hack, but it works.

Now I would like to move this to UCXSI. However using the sendXSIData I cannot push CiscoIPPhoneStatus object to the phone. At the same time if I choose to send CiscoIPPhoneText the object is displayed successfully. For a while I was wondering that maybe this happens because the CiscoIPPhoneStatus has to be allways HTTP PUSHED to the phone (at least this is stated in the developer guide for cisco ip phone services). Any other explanations and ideas how to get over this inability are more than welcome

Maybe if this is the feature and not the bug, then do you have any idea how to easily get the current IP address of the Terminal? Having this I would be fairly easy to pushed CiscoIPPhoneStatus directly from my java application.

TIA and all the best in the upcoming New Year!

--
BRs
Gabriel Kujawski

Subject: RE: sendXSIData() and CiscoIPPhoneStatus
Replied by: Raghavendra Gutty Veeranagappa on 31-12-2010 10:01:18 AM
Hi Gabriel Kujawski,

UCXSI can push CiscoIPPhoneStatus object to the phone,Please make sure that application is not sending data more than 2000 bytes, Please try with following simple CiscoIPPhoneImage object

<CiscoIPPhoneImage>
<Title/>
<LocationX>-1</LocationX>
<LocationY>-1</LocationY>
<Width>4</Width>
<Height>1</Height>
<Depth>2</Depth>
<Data>2D</Data>
<Prompt/>
</CiscoIPPhoneImage>

Thanks,
Raghavendra

Replied by: Gabriel Kujawski on 31-12-2010 10:59:45 AM
Hi,
Thanks for prompt reply. I'm more than sure that CiscoIPPhoneImage will be displayed correctly. Will check it out at home. Now I do not have access to my lab. Why do you propose to send CiscoIPPhoneImage instead of CiscoIPPhoneStatus? Is it some kind diagnostic?

And regarding the data limit I'm more than sure that my application do not send more than 2000 bytes.
I've send exactly "<CiscoIPPhoneStatus><Text>Hello World!</Text></CiscoIPPhoneStatus>". The phone didn't accept this.I've also tried CiscoIPPhoneStatus with all the attributes set up, but this also has failed.
If I change it to "<CiscoIPPhoneText><Text>Hello World!</Text></CiscoIPPhoneText> it works like a charm. Unfortunately CiscoIPPhoneText hides Answer and DnD soft buttons, which is unacceptable for me. I know I can override soft buttons displayed for CiscoIPPhoneText but this is rather ugly workaround.

Oh, I didn't mentioned that I've tried with 7961GE and 7975 so I guess that my problem is not specific to ip phone model.

Today I will also try to SPAN the traffic between CME and the IP Phone. Maybe I will find something interesting that will be helpful enough to resolve my case.

--
BRs
Gabriel Kujawski

Replied by: Raghavendra Gutty Veeranagappa on 31-12-2010 12:11:46 PM
Hi Gabriel Kujawski,

sorry i misplaced the CiscoIPPhoneImage text instead of CiscoIPPhoneStatus but child elements are same.

I think some IP phones not supports "CiscoIPPhoneStatus" not sure 7961GE and 7975 phones supports, you can post this query on Ip Phone services Forum you might get an answer.

Thanks,
Raghavendra

Replied by: Gabriel Kujawski on 31-12-2010 12:21:57 PM

I think some IP phones not supports "CiscoIPPhoneStatus" not sure 7961GE and 7975 phones supports, you can post this query on Ip Phone services Forum you might get an answer.

It's not that easy. I've done some development with 7961G and 7975 in the past and both of them accepted the CiscoIPPhoneStatus object. However, I've pushed it from the php script directly to the phone and not through the CME. Going this way has one draw back - you need to mess up with the authentication configuration within telephony-service so that the phone would accept pushed content. This simply requires a proxy script, but if you use also Voice View Express it became, as I said, a little bit messy. Pushing content with sendXSIData would be much more easier.

This one time I would like to go the easy way, but I know that "it's a hard knock life" ;)

--
Gabriel

Replied by: Raghavendra Gutty Veeranagappa on 03-01-2011 10:29:51 AM
Hi Gabriel,

I am able to push CiscoIPPhoneStatus Object  to 7961 Phones using sendXSIData(), please find sample code below for your reference

final String xsi="<CiscoIPPhoneStatus>\n"
          +"<Text>This is the text area</Text>\n"
          +"<LocationX>-1</LocationX>\n"
          +"<LocationY>-1</LocationY>\n"
          +"<Width>4</Width>\n"
          +"<Height>1</Height>\n"
          +"<Depth>2</Depth>\n"
          +"<Data>2D</Data>\n"
          +"</CiscoIPPhoneStatus>";

cmephone.sendXSIData(xsi, cmeResponseListener)

BTW which CME version and firmware you are using

Thanks,
Raghavendra
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links