Did you mean: 
cancel

Silent monitoring is not available.

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Aamir Shahzad on 20-11-2009 01:40:00 PM
We had developed a customised CTIOS Client, when we try to silent monitor from the supervisor desktop to the agent logged on to our customised client the supervisor desktop returns the error.

But when an agent is logged on to the ctios tool kit client from supervisor desktop we can silent monitor the agent.

Please guide me in this regard.

Subject: RE: Silent monitoring is not available.
Replied by: WILLIAM WEBB on 20-11-2009 02:25:56 PM
What CIL is your custom solution using?  There are some CILs that do not support the CTIOS-based Silent Monitor...

.NET and Java CILs do not, last I recall...

- Bill

Replied by: Aamir Shahzad on 22-11-2009 10:47:53 AM
What CIL is your custom solution using?  There are some CILs that do not support the CTIOS-based Silent Monitor...

.NET and Java CILs do not, last I recall...

- Bill

Thanks William, we are using .Net CIL,

But the problem is when the agent is logged on to the CTOS Agent Desktop and we use silent monitor on the logged on Agent on Agent Desktop from the Supervisor Desktop the process is successfull but when the supervisor use the feature on our deployed solution it returns the error.

Replied by: WILLIAM WEBB on 24-11-2009 03:56:03 AM
Hi Aamir -

I think you are running up against a limitation in the CIL.  The CTIOS Silent Monitor solution is really an Agent Desktop-based solution.  The commands are issued from the Supervisor Desktop, but they are sent through the CTIOS Server to the Agent Desktop to begin capturing packets from the IP Phone.

So I'd double-check the Developer's Guide, but last I knew the .NET CIL did not support or have the "StartSilentMonitor" method.  We ran into a very similar issue with a vendor we worked with some time ago that our mutual customer had chosen.  We verified the basic Silent Monitor function using the out-of-the-box Toolkit Desktop, which uses the Win32 CIL, but the vendor used the .NET CIL to build their custom desktop, and it did not work.

- Bill

Subject: RE: New Message from WILLIAM WEBB in Computer Telephony Integration Object
Replied by: David Lender on 24-11-2009 02:00:29 PM
the .NET Cil  (and Java Cil) only support Callmanager based Silent
Monitoring (not CTIOS based Silent Monitoring).
CreatePlease to create content