Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ashraf Khandwalla on 26-03-2010 02:52:42 PM
hi,

I have a SIP Trunk configured with a DNS SRV destination address; a device configured for automatic recording; a recording profile, etc configured to associate the trunk to the device. 

None of my servers in the DNS SRV record get a SIP INVITE when the device answers the call.

A quick look at the Call Manager sdi logs seem to indicate a DNS query failure.

03/25/2010 16:53:20.660 CCM|//SIP/SIPDns(1,53,1)/wait_SdlDnsSrvRecordRsp: (DNS A or AAAA query called as SRV query Fail):hostname=_myserver_sip._tcp.mydomain.com, ReqType=1,serversused=0
|<CLID::StandAloneCluster><NID::10.10.10.151><CT::0,0,0,0.0><IP::><DEV::><LVL:etailed><MASK::20000>

The query is successful when I run it in the Call Manager CLI:

utils network host _myserver_sip._tcp.mydomain.com srv

Local Resolution:
Nothing found

External Resolution:
_myserver_sip._tcp.mydomain.com SRV 0 0 5060 host1.mydomain.com

_myserver_sip._tcp.mydomain.com SRV 0 0 5060 host2.mydomain.com

_myserver_sip._tcp.mydomain.com SRV 0 0 5060 host3.mydomain.com

The query is also successful when I run it using nslookup.

I am not sure why the CLI would be able to run the query but the CCM service would not.

Appreciate any ideas anyone might have. Thanks.

CCM version 7.1.3

Ashraf

Subject: RE: SIP Trunk configured for DNS SRV not getting INVITES
Replied by: Giggesh Thekkekeloth on 02-07-2010 02:58:03 PM
Hi Ashraf,

Upon reading your descritption of the issue, it seems we will need ccm sdi/sdl traces in detailed level, with "enabled sip stack tracing" selected for analsying this issue.

Kindly open a Developer Support Service Request  with the trace, if you have an active Developer Services Subscription contract for detailed assistance:
Kindly go to this link for further details:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/services/ps6769/ps5408/ps5418/services_overview0900aecd80357861.htm

Still have a question on contract ? Contact us at developer-support@cisco.com.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links