Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: SEAN NILSEN on 01-11-2010 06:26:12 PM
There have been many threads about version control in Eclipse using SVN, CVS, etc.

My group is using VisualSVN server and the Subclipse Plug-Ins, but I'm wondering if there are other folks using anything else (and willing to talk about it)?

What works well in your implementation? What doesn't work quite right? How do you handle code reverts/backouts?

If you had it to do over again, what would you go with?

I know that our implementation is not without its faults but it does work pretty well.

Subject: RE: Source Version Control
Replied by: SEAN NILSEN on 03-02-2011 04:02:08 PM
*Bump*

Is there a better place to post this question/discussion?

We are generally using a single trunk project for our entire workspace but branching is an issue in that model.

Anyone else working with version control on their applications?

Subject: RE: Source Version Control
Replied by: Bill Westby on 07-02-2011 08:59:05 PM
I use TortiseSVN with Windows and the SVN plug-in for Eclipse from www.tigris.org.  You download the Eclipse plug in under Help -> Software Updates inside of Call Studio and enter the URL found on the tigris page for 3.2+ Eclipse.  I just do single trunk as well and do a commit whenever I do major release changes to the app so I'm not really taking advantage of it that much.  Just wanted to be able to store it in a repository for historical "just in case" somewhere else on our network.

Bill Westby
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links