Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Hemal Mehta on 23-07-2011 03:24:02 PM
Is Cisco planning support of CCXML in future version ?  As far as I know even the latest IOS release is not supporting it. 

Subject: RE: Support for CCXML
Replied by: Paul Antinori on 11-08-2011 01:45:10 PM
What customer is asking for it and what do they expect to do with it?

Subject: RE: New Message from Paul Antinori in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - A
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 11-08-2011 06:41:12 PM
If you want to develop applications like conference calling etc  you need that. Look at Cisco competitors in IVR world like voicegenie, Avaya they offer it. Its not a question, if client is asking. You increase your presence by offering and supporting this...
Hemal
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:45 PM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Paul Antinori in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - All Versions: RE: Support for CCXML

Paul Antinori has created a new message in the forum "CVP - All Versions":

--------------------------------------------------------------
What customer is asking for it and what do they expect to do with it?
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link:

<http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/4348069>

or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: New Message from Paul Antinori in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - A
Replied by: Paul Antinori on 12-08-2011 09:28:03 AM
It is true that this cannot be invoked without the UCCE and UCM using VXML Server application only. But with a comprehensive call flow using VXML Server applications, the agent can perform all the conferencing operations from the UCM via CTI.    Can you explain how the conference custom ccxml element might work in a standalone vxml server application? thanks.

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 12-08-2011 06:26:29 PM
I am not talking about just an agent and call center env. There are so many cool apps that can be developed with CCXML. For a conference app which conferences 10 people, calls them inidvidually at a certain time and then asks them if they want to join, if not asks them if they want to be called after 5 mins, 10 mins etc and then manages the entire logic of when to call them, when it detects a answering machine etc.
You can build lot of intelligence here .......
I do not think Cisco offers anything like that now.

Replied by: Paul Antinori on 15-08-2011 09:28:41 AM
I am not talking about just an agent and call center env. There are so many cool apps that can be developed with CCXML. For a conference app which conferences 10 people, calls them inidvidually at a certain time and then asks them if they want to join, if not asks them if they want to be called after 5 mins, 10 mins etc and then manages the entire logic of when to call them, when it detects a answering machine etc.

I have not seen this support in Cisco either, although I was looking at the Voxeo website about it.  It would take a significant development effort to build the SIP engine on top of the CCXML renderer, as well as interfacing with a SIP conference bridge that exposes that API.  There are lot of pieces here that would need to be weighed with the market opportunity.  I agree it is very cool feature, independent from call center and UCCE.  If you have any more call flow ideas, feel free to unicast me and we can discuss.  Thanks.

Replied by: Paul Tindall on 15-08-2011 09:54:26 AM
This type of application should be possible using a combination of the CVP Standalone Outbound mechanism (published in the Downloads section) and the Cisco Meeting Place API for manipulation of conference resources from a Call Studio script.   OK, it's not using CCXML but a lot of call control type of applications can be achieved by other methods.

Subject: RE: New Message from Paul Tindall in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 16-08-2011 12:35:29 AM
Not really, don't feel that CVP at this point is somehow not suited that well for conference calling solutions that can be done through the IVR itself. Also the solution you are talking about is not very standardized . Will need to look at it in detail to evaluate this further though. I may have some questions for you.
Hemal
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 8:54 AM
Subject: New Message from Paul Tindall in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - All Versions: RE: Support for CCXML

Paul Tindall has created a new message in the forum "CVP - All Versions":

This type of application should be possible using a combination of the CVP Standalone Outbound mechanism (published in the Downloads section) and the Cisco Meeting Place API for manipulation of conference resources from a Call Studio script. OK, it's not using CCXML but a lot of call control type of applications can be achieved by other methods.
--

<http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/4360299>

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 16-08-2011 12:32:29 AM
Yes, there is a lot of effort involved here.  There are some cos specializing in these solutions. Yes, I worked on some of these solutions before. We can discuss this further. Will send you a note.
Hemal
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 8:28 AM
Subject: New Message from Paul Antinori in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - All Versions: RE: Support for CCXML

Paul Antinori has created a new message in the forum "CVP - All Versions":

I have not seen this support in Cisco either, although I was looking at the Voxeo website about it.  It would take a significant development effort to build the SIP engine on top of the CCXML renderer, as well as interfacing with a SIP conference bridge that exposes that API.  There are lot of pieces here that would need to be weighed with the market opportunity.  I agree it is very cool feature, independent from call center and UCCE.  If you have any more call flow ideas, feel free to unicast me and we can discuss.  Thanks.
--

<http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/4360239>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links