Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Vidar Hauglien on 04-02-2013 03:22:17 AM
Hi. 
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a problem opening saved profiles using TC Console 3.3.1. When i open the saved profile, nothing happens. This is really a problem as i used 8 hours programming a layout, and now its all lost.

I have attached the file. 
I have tried both the installable version, and the standalone jar file. When running the Jar file i get this: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin>java.exe -jar C:\Users\vidhaugl\Downloads\tc-console-v3.3.1.jar
10:19:26,486 DEBUG recent.RecentListModel, line 44 - Unable to read recent list data: null
10:19:26,703  INFO eva.App, line 35 - Application started
10:19:31,041 DEBUG action.CodecDisconnectAction, line 38 - Close called
10:19:31,041 DEBUG action.CodecDisconnectAction, line 47 - Codec not connected, continue.
10:19:31,045 DEBUG action.CodecDisconnectAction, line 90 - Performing normal disconnect.
10:19:31,047 DEBUG codec.SystemCodec, line 224 - disconnect() called
10:19:31,047 DEBUG codec.CodecsFacade, line 39 - clearCodecs() called
10:19:31,052 DEBUG core.MainViewProgressController, line 52 - Processing ready
10:19:31,079 DEBUG action.CodecDisconnectAction, line 109 - Removing view
10:19:33,087 DEBUG codec.SystemCodec, line 142 - profileLoad() called
10:19:33,087 DEBUG codec.SystemCodec, line 155 - doLoadProfile() called
10:19:33,087 DEBUG codec.CodecsFacade, line 73 - createOfflineCodecs() called
10:19:33,088 DEBUG core.MainViewProgressController, line 61 - Processing working
10:19:33,199 DEBUG layout.VideoLayoutModel, line 464 - setProductVersion() called
10:19:33,336 DEBUG codec.CodecsFacade, line 30 - saveCurrentModels() called
10:19:33,347 DEBUG core.MainViewProgressController, line 52 - Processing ready
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.tandberg.eva.video.layout.VideoLayoutModel.findVideoLayout(VideoLayoutModel.java:111)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.snapshot.VideoLayoutFactory.createLayouts(VideoLayoutFactory.java:138)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.snapshot.VideoLayoutFactory.createLocal(VideoLayoutFactory.java:69)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.snapshot.VideoLayoutFactory.createLocal(VideoLayoutFactory.java:59)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.osdeditor.OSDStatesController.createOSDModel(OSDStatesController.java:183)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.osdeditor.OSDStatesController.createModels(OSDStatesController.java:171)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.osdeditor.OSDStatesController.initialize(OSDStatesController.java:178)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.osdeditor.OSDStatesController.<init>(OSDStatesController.java:51)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.osdeditor.OSDEditorFactory.createChooserView(OSDEditorFactory.java:41)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.VideoPlugin.createOSDChooser(VideoPlugin.java:158)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.VideoPlugin.createChooserView(VideoPlugin.java:136)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.video.VideoPlugin.getMainView(VideoPlugin.java:96)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.core.PluginController.prepareCurrentPlugin(PluginController.java:96)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.core.PluginController.updateActivePlugin(PluginController.java:67)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.core.PluginController$1.activePluginChanged(PluginController.java:52)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.core.PluginModel.fireActivepluginChanged(PluginModel.java:65)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.core.PluginModel.setActivePlugin(PluginModel.java:51)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.core.PluginController.prepareCurrentPlugin(PluginController.java:93)
        at com.tandberg.eva.plugin.core.MainViewProgressController$2$1.run(MainViewProgressController.java:83)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Subject: RE: TC Console, Problem opening layouts
Replied by: Martin Myrseth on 05-02-2013 01:35:56 AM
Hei Vidar!
I only managed to have a quick look at this yesterday, but was able to reproduce your issue. From the looks of it, there seems to be some inconsistency in your layout which TC Console is not able to resolve, and so the file reading thread dies. I'm going to see if there's a way to fixup your layout xml file in order to get it working properly. Secondly we should try to determine what the cause of the issue is, so that we can prevent it from happening in the future.
We'll get back to you!
- Martin

Replied by: Vidar Hauglien on 05-02-2013 04:37:51 AM
Thank you  
- Vidar

Replied by: Martin Myrseth on 05-02-2013 05:25:44 AM
The layout xml file contains a few corrupted states. I'm not sure how TC Console managed to save the file to this state, or what user actions allow a reproduction of this state. The layout was missing output definitions for the custom layout with 2 and 3 participants, as well as 1 participant with presentation. There was noe layout graphic defined for those scenarios.

I've redefined those scenarios with empty output defitions. It should load up properly in TC Console now. There's no way for us to know exactly what those states did actually contain, unfortunately.

- Martin

Replied by: Vidar Hauglien on 05-02-2013 06:56:33 AM
Damn.. It seems like all my custom layouts were lost :/ 

Replied by: Martin Myrseth on 06-02-2013 06:01:07 AM
Aww.. That's very sad to hear. It is our goal to properly fix issues like these and improve the robustness of the application. This is of course very tough without knowing the steps required to get into the broken state. If you are so unfortunate to encounter similar issues again, please try your best to recall what you did and see if you are able to consistently reproduce the issue(s).

- Martin

Replied by: Vidar Hauglien on 07-02-2013 07:52:39 AM
Ok. I have to recreate the layout anyways, so i will check underways to see if i get the same problem, and hopefully the steps to reproduce. 

Replied by: Vidar Hauglien on 07-02-2013 08:23:10 AM
Ok, i do have some problems already, but not the same as last (yet), but i will keep on trying. I did get the problem i had before one time, but was unable to reproduce it a second time, but i will keep on trying to reproduce that. 
I have attached som files, and description for what i did. I was able to reproduce these problems every time i tried:

Custom 1. 
- New file
- New family (Custom 1) from full screen
- Modified layout "Local" in Presentation, no participants.  
- Copyed the layout to Local + Selfview and Local + Camera control 
- Tried to delete the frame "Local Input 2" from "Local", and save i get no error message, but the frame is still there when i open the file in a new tc Console
- If i choose to save the file to new file (custom 2) in the new TC Console window, it saves the changes. 
Custom 2:
This is the file from above. 
Custom 3:
-Try to copy "Local + Selfview" to "Local" and save to custom 4, results in error, no message why.
-Tried to delete all content in "Local" and paste from Local + selfview not possible / nothing happens, and unable to save

Replied by: Vidar Hauglien on 07-02-2013 08:36:24 AM
In regards to the last problem described, i have attached a video showing what the problem is. Sorry about the quality, but i needed to get the filesize as low as possible. 
- Vidar

Replied by: Martin Myrseth on 11-02-2013 02:24:52 AM
Ok! So there's seems be a couple of issues here. I'll make sure that we'll get these issues into our bug-tracker and looked into as soon as possible.

- Martin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links