Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Donatas Raisutis on 10-12-2009 03:05:04 PM
I am plannig to move our 4 TCS to a cluster. I was reading TANDBERG documentation how to do this and it looks ok.
I could not understand why it is needed to use VCS to create a cluster, why Tandberg Gatekeeper with latest software could not be used for that? What is unique in VCS, that only VCS is suitable for creating TCS cluster?

Donatas

Subject: RE: TCS in a cluster
Replied by: James Petersen on 21-12-2009 03:12:24 AM
Thank you for your question. 

There are two reasons why the Tandberg VCS is the supported configuration.

First, VCS is engineered to provide superior incoming call load balancing.  This extremely important when TCS clustering is being implemented to provide increased throughput.  It eliminates the likelihood that one or more near-simultaneous individual calls to the TCS to perform recordings will be dropped because the TCS they happen to reach is already fully utilized.

Second, Only H.323 registration is supported in a TCS cluster. The VCS is required if you have SIP endpoints that you need to be recorded. The VCS provides the SIP to H.323 interworking for this.

I hope this is useful information for you.

Replied by: David Patterson on 02-02-2010 03:19:24 AM
While I appreciate that the VCS in the clustering is the supported solution, is it possible to cluster 2 TCS's using our existing Radvision ECS gategeeper??

Dave

Replied by: James Petersen on 07-02-2010 10:35:37 PM
Hello David,

Thank you for your question.  With support for TCS clustering not being extended beyond Tandberg VCS, no testing of the configuration you asked about has been performed, so we cannot comment on the effectiveness of that method.

Jim Petersen, TCS Product Manager
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links