Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Zachary Trusty on 01-03-2010 05:19:31 PM
I'm trying to design Templates for an Enterprise Tandberg solution but I'm not quite understanding how they should be designed or how they apply etc. I'm pretty much lacking knowledge on how this entire concept works.

Is there any documentation that i can be refered to?

My questions:

Can multple templates be applied to one Endpoint? If so, is there an order they are applied in?

Best practice to apply setting to different model Endpoints?

Can you make one a template for all models?

.. and the list goes on

Thanks for the help,

-Zack

Subject: RE: Template Configuration Documention??
Replied by: Steve kapinos on 03-03-2010 03:30:50 PM
Zachary Thomas Trusty:
I'm trying to design Templates for an Enterprise Tandberg solution but I'm not quite understanding how they should be designed or how they apply etc. I'm pretty much lacking knowledge on how this entire concept works.

Is there any documentation that i can be refered to?

My questions:

Can multple templates be applied to one Endpoint? If so, is there an order they are applied in?

Best practice to apply setting to different model Endpoints?

Can you make one a template for all models?

.. and the list goes on

Thanks for the help,

-Zack

Hi Zack,

These are questions best suited for your local sales engineer or through the TANDBERG Helpdesk.

But the short overview is...

Templates are simply a group of settings that can be applied in bulk to systems.
The settings to apply are generally device-specific.  When setting a template to a device, settings that do not match the device's type are simply skipped.  This allows you to create one template that can be applied to many different types of devices.  No need for a 'MXP Defaults' template and then a 'C-Series Defaults' template.  Just create one template that includes all the settings you would normally use, including the different device variations and the software will only apply the ones that match.

So if you have an 'enterprise wide default' template and you wanted to apply DNS settings and autoanswer settings.  You would include the DNS and autoanswer settings choices in the template for all the device types you use.  Then when the template is applied, the software will filter out options that do not apply to the system in question.

While you can not apply multiple templates in one pass, there is nothing preventing you from applying multiple templates separately to a device.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links