Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: shravan hebbar on 19-12-2012 06:20:09 AM
We are trying trigger a VXML Application in the CVP Server without making a physical phone call to the Cisco Environment. We want to show the success or Failure of the CVP Application in the CUIC Reporting. For this reason we are going through the ICM route. The CVP application will send some data in the ext vxml variables which can be interpreted by ICM to show a success or failure by setting some call types. We tried to do this by writing an Admin script in the ICM but it seems that the options are disabled now. Also a routing script cannot be triggered from an ICM admin script. In the internet we found that the TCL scripts in the VXML gateway are capable of doing these things. The TCL script will point a dial peer number which in turn will trigger an ICM script. the ICM script willl in turn trigger the CVP VXML Server application. The VXML Application in turn will do some business logic and return the values to the ICM. Also we thought that the TCL scripts can be scheduled in regular intervals or can be run from the TCL Shell prompt in the VXML Gateway. Our challenge is that IS THIS ACHIEVABLE THROUGH TCL sCRIPTS. If somebody have already encoutered this situation, can they please share the TCL scripts with us? Thanks in Advance.

Subject: RE: Trigger a CVP VXML Application without making a physical phone call
Replied by: Paul Tindall on 19-12-2012 09:20:03 PM
I'm not sure I entirely understand your use case but it is possible to invoke a Studio application via http.  For example, the following URL has been used on a demo platform here to invoke a CVP application from a mobile device to store context info prior to a call.

http://democvp:7000/CVP/Server?application=savecontext&geolat=45.60228&geolon=9.36110&country=Italy&city=Arcore&name=Silvio&subject=Make+a+Reservation&question=&session.connection.remote.uri=3356154758&callback=false

Alternatively, you certainly can generate calls using TCL scripts but it may be simpler not to.  I did post a traffic generator that uses TCL a couple of months ago; you could try using that.

Subject: RE: Trigger a CVP VXML Application without making a physical phone call
Replied by: shravan hebbar on 20-12-2012 03:39:56 AM
Thanks Paul.
We are more concentrated in the TCL stuff. It would be great if you can please share the link to your answer as i am unable to find it in the Forum.
Thanks

Replied by: Paul Tindall on 20-12-2012 05:56:25 AM
I couldn't find it either even though I found the thread I thought I'd posted it in.   That thread status shows a response from me but the post isn't actually there; seems to have been truncated of the latest posts.  It also looks like the forum has lost data as attachments that I posted all seem to have disappeared.   Has anyone else noticed this?
Anyway, here it is again.  

Replied by: shravan hebbar on 27-12-2012 05:09:07 AM
Hi Paul,
Thanks a lot for that. However we are facing some problem in initiating the script from the Command Line prompt in the gateway.
We have made a new service for this and we also started the script by the command -
(config)# call application voice load sample_script , followed by
call application session start sample_script
But when we are issuing the command
show call application sessions
 we are not finding the application in the session. Also we cannot find the call in the call log of the VXML server. Can you please let us know if you have faced a similar issue and can suggest us the workaround.
Thanks in advance.

Replied by: Matthew Page on 15-03-2013 11:49:27 AM
Hi Paul

Are you able to provide the application=savecontext that you mention above? We would really like to achieve the same functionality. Maybe a screen shot of the application would also give us an idea.

Thanks,

Matt

Replied by: Gerard O'Rourke on 15-03-2013 02:10:04 PM
As Paul states above, its possible to trigger a CVP application using HTTP.
Without using any TCL, a very simple way to automate / sheduled this HTTP request would be to use a Windows batch file run as a sheduled task.
The batch file would use the command line tool wget.exe to create the HTTP GET request.
wget.exe command line tool can be downloaded here: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm
e.g. wget.exe http://<cvp-server-address/CVP/Server?application=ApplicationName&Variable1=blah
Gerry

Replied by: Paul Tindall on 15-03-2013 07:39:26 PM
Here you go at 3rd attempt.  Problems with attachments.
Comments
SAURABH KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what needs to be done to trigger an application using a HTTP request from VXMl gatewway and how it can be scheduled. As per the below comment, I would like to know the steps to be performed to hit an application from a gateway without a physical call.

its possible to trigger a CVP application using HTTP.
Without using any TCL, a very simple way to automate / sheduled this HTTP request would be to use a Windows batch file run as a sheduled task.

Thanks in Advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links