Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Divya Singhireddy on 17-09-2011 02:03:00 AM
Hi ,

I am using JTAPI for the first time and i have installed CiscoJtapiClient 8.5 on my local machine and i am using ucm-rtplab-101.cisco.com as CUCM.

When i am trying to run the makecall functionality from my local machine i am getting the following error.

Caught exception com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provide
r -- connect timed out

I am using the comand below to run make call

java makecall <Server name> <user id> <password> 1000 <Dir Phone 1> <Dir Phone 2>

Is the  procedure which i am follwing to make call is correct?

Thanks,
Divya

Subject: RE: Unable to create provide r -- connect timed out
Replied by: Debesh Dhabaldeb on 17-09-2011 03:07:14 AM
Hi Divya,

Can you check if the CTIManager service is running on the UCM box ?

regards,
Debesh.

Replied by: Divya Singhireddy on 17-09-2011 04:05:29 AM
Hi ,

Can you lplease et me know how to check CTIManager service is running on UCM box?

Thanks,
Divya

Replied by: Debesh Dhabaldeb on 17-09-2011 04:16:09 AM
Login to the UCM box using the admin credentials
-> go to the navigation drop down box on the top right corner and select the serviceability page
-> go to the tools tab and select the Control Center-Feature Services option

There you will have a service for CTIManager. Check the status of the service and start it if it is not running.

Replied by: Divya Singhireddy on 17-09-2011 04:37:36 AM
It is running .

Replied by: Joseph Moskie on 18-09-2011 02:07:30 AM
Can you ping the CUCM from the client machine?
Comments
Matchendran
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing the same issue now.
Can someone clarify this?

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Connect timeout would seem to indicate the JTAPI client is not able to contact the CTI Manager service...a few things to check:

- If specifying by server name, make sure the client machine has working DNS.  Might try using the CTI Manager IP address instead

- Make sure you have not enabled the 'Standard CTI Secure...' role for your JTAPI user, as connection will fail if the full secure connection steps have not been completed

- Check for any firewall/NAT/ACL issues between the client and CTI Manager

If everything checks out, you can take a look at the JTAPI logs to see if you can spot an error (though it can be a challenge to read the detailed logs): https://d1nmyq4gcgsfi5.cloudfront.net/site/jtapi/help/case-opening-steps/#JTAPI

For detailed troubleshooting assistance, I would recommend opening a DevNet Developer Support ticket: https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links