Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11

Subject: RE: Undocument Events - ev_sserv_ind and ev_reset_ind
Replied by: Rok Tisler on 20-12-2010 03:22:53 PM
Hi Tomas,

I had simmilar problem with CCME 7.0 or so. When I try to forward call to CM Phones over SIP/H.323 trunk evrything OK, but when I forward calls to CME Phones on the same router where TCL script resides, Hold/Unhold drops the call. 
My workaround was to handoff all call legs to default application, to handle supplementary services, after script recieves ev_setup_done with ls_000 in evt_status.

this may not work for you, but let me know if it helps, and yes i agree with you about the documentation on TCL.

Regards,
Rok

Replied by: Tomas Ussher on 20-12-2010 03:33:32 PM
Hi Tomas,

I had simmilar problem with CCME 7.0 or so. When I try to forward call to CM Phones over SIP/H.323 trunk evrything OK, but when I forward calls to CME Phones on the same router where TCL script resides, Hold/Unhold drops the call. 
My workaround was to handoff all call legs to default application, to handle supplementary services, after script recieves ev_setup_done with ls_000 in evt_status.

this may not work for you, but let me know if it helps, and yes i agree with you about the documentation on TCL.

Regards,
Rok

Thanks Rok. Interestingly my situation is exaclty the opposite, never had problem with scripts in the same CME router.

If nothing else works, I can try the handoff as you suggested. That is what B-ACD/AA does also.

This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Tomas Ussher on 19-12-2010 10:22:15 PM
I'm working on script that places calls to CME or CM phones. For the latter, we use a regular H.323 GW configuration.

In both cases, I can establish the call and audio path ok, however, when placing the call on hold on a CME phone and resuming it, the scripts receives an 'ev_sserv_ind'. That apparently doesn't cause any problem.

On CUCM instead, script receives 'ev_reset_ind' and it becomes impossible to resume an held call, as the phone does't show the appropriate softkey. Consequently, the call is dropped.

Can anyone document these events, and explain what the script is supposed to do when receiving them ?

Replied by: Yaw-Ming Chen on 20-12-2010 05:49:44 AM
I think ev_reset_ind won't be used by Tcl

Couple of questions:

1. What is the IOS version ?

2. Is "supplementary-service media-renegotiate" configued in IOS ?

Thanks !

Replied by: Tomas Ussher on 20-12-2010 02:23:49 PM
I think ev_reset_ind won't be used by Tcl
May be is not used, but is received by the script, and I would like to understand why, and If I have to take action on receiving it.

1. What is the IOS version ?
Some 12.4, does it matter?

2. Is "supplementary-service media-renegotiate" configued in IOS ? 
No. codec is fixed as 711u

Is anyone from Cisco willing to document these events ?

Replied by: Yaw-Ming Chen on 20-12-2010 06:00:42 PM
Hi Thomas,

Is you IOS version >=  12.4(20)T ?ev_reset_ind is introduced in 12.4(20)T
There is a bug, ev_reset_ind should be genereted only for  "supplementary-service media-renegotiate" is configured but it's generated always.
This bug has been fixed in the latest IOS.

Rok,

Are you using the latest IOS ? Please try the latest one to see if it can fix your issue.

this event is not for Tcl application so we don'rt have documentaion for it.

Thanks !

Replied by: Tomas Ussher on 27-12-2010 06:43:30 PM
I verified that the disconnection came from CUCM when pressing "resume" on an held call.

I set "MTP always required" in the H.323 GW config in CUCM. With that, the script does not receive the event anymore, and CUCM does not disconnect on resuming, so apparently it's working OK now.

Thanks to everyone that has responded.

Replied by: Tomas Ussher on 30-04-2012 11:40:19 AM
Here's another undocumented event in IOS 15.2(2)T
ev_session_module_notify

Will Cisco update and correct the many many errors in the manual anytime ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links