Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Manas Varma on 13-05-2010 01:44:29 PM
Hi All,

I have been trying since a long time to enable video capabilities for a phone while adding a new phone. By default the Video Capabilities is selected to "Disabled" in the Product Spedific configuration Tab in the Call Manager. Please Help as this is very urgent .

Thanking you all in anticiaption

Subject: RE: **URGENT** How to enable video Capabilities while adding a phone.
Replied by: David Staudt on 13-05-2010 02:47:44 PM
If the settings is in the product specific area of the config UI, then the setting should be held in the 'vendorConfig' field.  This field can be read/written via addPhone/getPhone/updatePhone.  The contents of vendorConfig is actually an XML object, which various elements representing the device specific configuration settings that correspond with the UI.

Dealing with this 'XML within XML' can be tricky.  Most WSDL frameworks do not work easily with the 'xsd:any' type of the vendorConfig field, and it is usually easier to access the field by using a regular XML parser (rather than Axis/.NET auto-generated code) to inspect the SOAP object, extract the vendorConfig XML, and then inspect the vendorConfig XML to read/write any settings.

The schema of vendorConfig will vary by device type (and possibly firmware load), unfortunately these are not published and you will need to examine individual instances to find fieldnames you are looking for - such as video enable.

Subject: RE: **URGENT** How to enable video Capabilities while adding a phone.
Replied by: Manas Varma on 03-08-2010 12:06:55 PM
If the settings is in the product specific area of the config UI, then the setting should be held in the 'vendorConfig' field.  This field can be read/written via addPhone/getPhone/updatePhone.  The contents of vendorConfig is actually an XML object, which various elements representing the device specific configuration settings that correspond with the UI.

Dealing with this 'XML within XML' can be tricky.  Most WSDL frameworks do not work easily with the 'xsd:any' type of the vendorConfig field, and it is usually easier to access the field by using a regular XML parser (rather than Axis/.NET auto-generated code) to inspect the SOAP object, extract the vendorConfig XML, and then inspect the vendorConfig XML to read/write any settings.

The schema of vendorConfig will vary by device type (and possibly firmware load), unfortunately these are not published and you will need to examine individual instances to find fieldnames you are looking for - such as video enable.

I got the below mentioned output from another thread , but I am using C# and .NET platform for performing this operation . Can you guide me hwo to acheive this operation using C#

"
I have used this in the past and worked fine, I only list the fields that are non-default, i.e.;
<vendorConfig>
<settingsAccess>2</settingsAccess>
<voiceVlanAccess>1</voiceVlanAccess>
<webAccess>1</webAccess>
</vendorConfig>
"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links