Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Nattawut Boonpramook on 03-09-2013 02:33:56 AM
Hi 

I try to  poc on wakeup call application.  First plan is to create few  ti port  and use jtapi to make call from cti port to guest phone.
Once guest phone pickup, jtapi will tell cti port to hold line..then guest phone will here music-on-hold which is will be wake up voice prompt. 

But when we test, we can not pickup from guest phone ( phone ring), my guest is that because our app server  that cti-port  route to does 't have any 
RTP stream run..   

My question is 

1) Is there other workaround for  the problem or we have to incorporate JMF to play prompt insted of using music-on-hold ( environment does not have unity or uccx) 
2)  If we want  to have multiple cti-port, can we use one CTI route point  to control all cti-port, for easy of control multiple cit port from application. 

Best Regards, 

Subject: RE: use CTI port  for wake up call application.
Replied by: Alexander Anikin on 03-09-2013 03:26:12 AM
1) If you set up static media registration, you have about 10 seconds after call answer to hold call or start RTP stream. Such scheme works for my application. Application uses register on media terminal and subscribes to rtp stream start events. You don't have to actually send RTP if you hold call immediately, but you have to have registered media capability.
2) There is no need for CTI route point in this scheme. Simply select one of your CTI ports. If you plan to start call from CTI RP, you'll get connected call on CTI RP and you'll have to provide media stream. Simple route doesn't help much in this case (it's not incoming call) and you'll still manually select CTI port to route call to.

Replied by: Nattawut Boonpramook on 03-09-2013 03:52:56 AM
Alexander Anikin:
1) If you set up static media registration, you have about 10 seconds after call answer to hold call or start RTP stream. Such scheme works for my application. Application uses register on media terminal and subscribes to rtp stream start events. You don't have to actually send RTP if you hold call immediately, but you have to have registered media capability.
2) There is no need for CTI route point in this scheme. Simply select one of your CTI ports. If you plan to start call from CTI RP, you'll get connected call on CTI RP and you'll have to provide media stream. Simple route doesn't help much in this case (it's not incoming call) and you'll still manually select CTI port to route call to.

Alexander, Thanks for your  answer, nice to hear that JMF does 't need in this case,
          I am newbie on jtapi world. I  appreciate if you can provide code snippet for cti-port registration with media capability. 

Please correct me if i am wrong, in order to deal with multiple session, we have to registerd all cti-port  at start of application and  probe CTI ports status to find the idle one and use that one is that correct. ?  

NB 

Replied by: Alexander Anikin on 03-09-2013 09:58:18 AM
Nattawut,
with stripped local  types, logging, etc. static registration for CTI port looks like this in my project

private void registerAWOH(String name, int startPort)
      throws InvalidArgumentException, UnknownHostException,
             ResourceUnavailableException, MethodNotSupportedException,
             CiscoRegistrationException
  {
    Address phone_addr = provider.getAddress(name);
    Terminal phone_term = provider.getTerminal(name);
    if (phone_term instanceof CiscoMediaTerminal) // CTI Port is of CiscoMediaTerminal, see API reference
    {
      InetAddress a = java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost();
      phone_addr.addObserver(this); // put observer implementation class instance here instead of this
      phone_term.addObserver(this); // put observer implementation class instance here instead of this

try
      {
        java.net.DatagramSocket sock = new java.net.DatagramSocket(startPort); // store socket for later clean up or use
      }
      catch (Exception e)
      {
      }

if (((CiscoMediaTerminal)phone_term).getState() == CiscoMediaTerminal.IN_SERVICE)
      {
//        port is already registered...
      }
      else
        ((CiscoMediaTerminal)phone_term).register(a, startPort++);
    }
  }
Comments

Dear cdnadmin,

We are trying to configure wakeup call system using a PMS system, 

1. What are the configurations need to be configured from CUCM side?

2. What are the parameters to be passed to wakeup call system?

3. If you have the relevant codes please share.

Thanks,

Rajitha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links