Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11

Subject: RE: Use of Application modifier
Replied by: Arun Kumar on 17-05-2011 05:23:59 PM

I am using application modifier to set a wav file which will be used in the audio element right after. The name of "PlayWaveFIle" which is being set to OrderMenu.wav, BillMenu.,wav etc depending on selection made.  I am setting this in the session, however it seems the value never gets set, I get the following error while using this value in audio (in menu):

PlayMenu,element,warning,A substitution representing Session data named "PlayWavFile" referred to non-existent information. An empty string was substituted instead.

I can't understand as to why application modifier is not working and not storing value of this string in session.

Ok, assuming that have done update etc. Try this, Instead of storing it as session,  store it as element and of type string. That is important and try it after that.   I have seen this kind of issue,  use element and of type string which you can substitute in audio name.  It should work.

Thanks that fixed it. Changing to element string worked.
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Arun Kumar on 17-05-2011 04:32:48 PM
I am using application modifier to set a wav file which will be used in the audio element right after. The name of "PlayWaveFIle" which is being set to OrderMenu.wav, BillMenu.,wav etc depending on selection made.  I am setting this in the session, however it seems the value never gets set, I get the following error while using this value in audio (in menu):

PlayMenu,element,warning,A substitution representing Session data named "PlayWavFile" referred to non-existent information. An empty string was substituted instead.

I can't understand as to why application modifier is not working and not storing value of this string in session.

Subject: Re: New Message from Arun Kumar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Di
Replied by: Janine Graves on 17-05-2011 04:41:11 PM
In the Data tab of the App Modifier element, are you sure you put the
entry into the Session Data area, not the Element Data area? Also, did
you remember to press the ADD button to add the selection to the top
box? That's the most common mistake, forgetting to hit ADD (or UPDATE,
if you've changed the entry).

Janine
www.TrainingTheExperts.com

On 5/17/2011 4:32 PM, Cisco Developer Community Forums wrote:
> Arun Kumar has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion
> - All Versions":
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> I am using application modifier to set a wav file which will be used
> in the audio element right after. The name of "PlayWaveFIle" which is
> being set to OrderMenu.wav, BillMenu.,wav etc depending on selection
> made. Â I am setting this in the session, however it seems the value
> never gets set, I get the following error while using this value in
> audio (in menu):
> Â
> PlayMenu,element,warning,A substitution representing Session data
> named "PlayWavFile" referred to non-existent information. An empty
> string was substituted instead.
> Â
> I can't understand as to why application modifier is not working and
> not storing value of this string in session.
> --
> To respond to this post, please click the following link:
>
> <http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/3900635>
>
> or simply reply to this email.

--
Janine Graves

Subject: RE: Use of Application modifier
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 17-05-2011 04:51:46 PM

Ok, assuming that have done update etc. Try this, Instead of storing it as session,  store it as element and of type string. That is important and try it after that.   I have seen this kind of issue,  use element and of type string which you can substitute in audio name.  It should work.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links