Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Jeevan Varughese on 26-01-2010 11:01:37 PM
Hi there,

I have 2 rooms that I am trying to design a videoconference system for.

The rooms can be combined as one or be used individually.

The rooms will be controlled with an AMX system and will have multiple microphones and audio zones.  The audio management will be handled by a DSP Mixer (Clearone or Biamp).

I am thinking of either specifying a Tandberg C60 for each room or a Tandberg C90 for one room and a Tandberg C60 for the other room.

I will have multiple Tandberg Cameras HD1080P for each room (probably at least 2 for each codec)

When the rooms are individual, each room would use their own codec.

What I am wondering is when the rooms are combined.  Is there a way to link C-series codec together to act as one big codec?  I assume something like this is done for your T3 Telepresence system (3 individual C90).

Is it possible to join multiple codecs together as one big codec with the new series of Tandberg Codecs?    Or if the client wants to use both codecs when the rooms are combined, is my only option to join them onto a MCU bridge with the other partipants?

Thanks

Subject: RE: Using C60 or C90 in a muli-combination room
Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 27-01-2010 10:40:10 AM
Hi Jeevan,
no unfortunately you cannot join multiple codecs together and have them appear as one big codec.

What you COULD do is, if you have multisite options on the C90:
- Have the one codec dial the C90
- On the C90 use the video layout commands to create a layout that takes the camera(s) from the C90 and the incoming video from the other site and use this as the video stream that you can send to the remote site(s).

Regards,
David
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links