Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Adrienne Moherek on 25-07-2012 07:07:54 PM
If you have the Dev Edition hosted on a VM and want to access APIs through a different computer, you will need to update a setting to do this.

1. First, find the IP address of your VM by using CLI command "ipconfig" from your host computer
2. Run your VM and login (quad/quad)
3. Go to Virtual Machine > Virtual Machine Settings...
4. Click on Network Adapter to ensure the network connection is NAT
5. Then login to the WxS Dev Edition as an admin user (test@your_company.com/cisco)
6. Go to Account Settings
7. Click on Portal > Settings
8. Change virtual host from "localhost" to the VM's IP Address (from step 1)
9. Click Save
10. Restart the VM (System > Shut Down... > Restart)
11. After the VM is back up and running, open up the terminal in your VM and run "ifconfig" to find out the IP Address
12. Then type in the IP address into your host computer's browser

Subject: RE: Using Dev Edition from another computer
Replied by: Ned Morley on 26-07-2012 10:07:03 AM
I was unsuccessful in allowing access to dev addition from external computers with the above operations. This could be related to the fact that I am running IIS on the host computer and there may have been port conflicts. I was able to allow access from other computers via port mapping functionality in VMWare Player.

1) Log into Linux vm running in VMWare Player
2) Open command shell and type ifconfig
3) Note the inet addr for eth0
(e.g. XXX.XXX.XXX.128)
4) Stop the VMWare NAT Service windows service.
5) Open vmnetnat.conf on host machine (windows 7 location is C:\ProgramData\VMware) with an administrator level text editor.
6) In  add a line mapping a port on the physical host to the ip(from above):port on the guest vm
(e.g. 8080 = XXX.XXX.XXX.128:80)
7) Save File
8) Restart VMWare NAT Service.

The Dev addition should now be available using the physical host machine name or ip and the mapping port.
(e.g. http://myphysicalbox.mydomain.com:8080)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links