Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Steven Chew on 24-08-2010 07:21:58 AM
Hi All, 

I am developing on a SIP Project.
Basically, we have SIP-Proxy (like a SIP Softphone using eXosip) connected to OpenSIP.
We also have our Intercom systems connected to our Server.

All the Intercom Systems will be able to SIP-Proxy as a SIP-gate way to talk to other SIP Phones on Network.

My target is to implement our Intercom systems would be able to communicate to the Cisco IP Phones via SIP-Proxy GateWay. 

I have a few questions:
1) Can Cisco Unified Communications Manager V8.0 run on VMWare?

If yes, where can I download it?

2) Does Cisco provide any Virtual Cisco PBX which I am interested in?

Thanks
Steven C.

Subject: RE: Virtual Cisco Unified Communications Manager V8.0 on VMWare
Replied by: David Staudt on 24-08-2010 04:14:27 PM
UCM 8.0 is the first release to be officially supported on VMWare, though limited to specific hardware/versions (i.e. Cisco UCS hardware running VMWare 4esxi.)  However, UCM from 6.x onward will install and run on pretty much any VMWare platform given the minimum requirements for RAM/disk space are met - though note this is not supported and some functionality does not work (mainly hardware specific SNMP.)

UCM is not available via download, you will need to obtain the product (and disc-based install media) through normal Cisco sales channels, or via the CDN partner program discount programs available: http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/discount-purchase-programs

Replied by: David Staudt on 25-08-2010 05:30:38 PM
For fully supported VMWare installations, see here for the requirements: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_0_1/delta/vmware.html

If you are installing for an unsupported/lab setup on PC hardware + VMWare, see here for minimum RAM/disk space info: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html (i.e. 2GB/80G

Replied by: Steven Chew on 25-08-2010 01:23:48 AM
Thanks for your reply,

What are the basic (hardware .e.g. PC,etc. ) requirement running Virtual Cisco Unified Communications Manager V8.0?

Thanks
-Steven C.

Replied by: Steven Chew on 25-08-2010 01:25:04 AM
Hi All, 

Can Any Cisco PBX run on VMWare?

Thanks
-Steven C.

Replied by: Steven Chew on 26-08-2010 04:36:50 AM
Hi David,

Thank you very much.

Do you know where can I get the price for CUCM 8.0 and Cisco server for running CUCM 8.0 and also Cisco PBX?

Thanks
Steven

Replied by: Manish Kumar Gupta on 04-01-2012 11:54:45 AM
Hi David,

Thank you very much.

Do you know where can I get the price for CUCM 8.0 and Cisco server for running CUCM 8.0 and also Cisco PBX?

Thanks
Steven

Hi Steven,
You can get the pricing of CUCM and all Cisco Products at cisco.com/go/ordering and choose for Dynamic Configuration Tool (CCO Login Required).
for CUCM, the part code would be CUCM-USR-LIC,
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Manish
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links