Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Rodrigo Boavida on 07-07-2010 11:30:58 AM
Hi all,

I'm reading the documentation and making some tests to figure how to create through API virtual calls to be placed in the Queues, and to be delivered to agents as normal calls are. I would also need to put some context data in the calls. 

Could this be done through CTI OS??? If so, could someone help me on that? 

I've read of some development on this but only with the Server Message Protocol. From what I've seen of that API, has very similiar functions available but more on the low level...

Many thanks in advance!!

Subject: RE: Virtual or Ghost Call in Queues
Replied by: Shannon McCoy on 15-07-2010 09:37:53 AM
Hi all,

I'm reading the documentation and making some tests to figure how to create through API virtual calls to be placed in the Queues, and to be delivered to agents as normal calls are. I would also need to put some context data in the calls. 

Could this be done through CTI OS??? If so, could someone help me on that? 

I've read of some development on this but only with the Server Message Protocol. From what I've seen of that API, has very similiar functions available but more on the low level...

Many thanks in advance!!

As for using CtiOs to create any calls in queue you are on dubious ground because there is no queue control per se. You can place calls from the agents phone but under restricted circumstances. You are better off using TAPI, JTAPI, AXL, IPIVR or 3rd party call control apps to create calls. Remember that IPCC/ICM is just a nervous system. It does not "control" devices per se but instead routes calls to terminal devices.  It provides logic but it is not in and of itself a terminal device. Those terminal devices are generally peripherals of some system such as CUCM or a PBX and manupulated through Peripheral Gateways. So the appropriate SDK to use is one that uses those terminal devices directly instead of through IPCC/ICM/CtiOs.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links