Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: null on 15-11-2005 11:25:47 AM
I am trying to devise a way of allowing the application wait for the user while they go away and get a credit card (for example).

I want the behaviour to be something like this...

User chooses to go and find their credit card.
Application says something like - "Ok, I'll wait. Please press '*' when you return."
music plays...
User enters "*" via DTMF and the application proceeds.

I can get the behaviour I want without the music by using a form.

As an alternative, I have also thought of using a hotlink to break out of the music playing, but as it has application scope it is unsuitable. I'd need to be able to restrict the scope of the hotlink in some way to make this work.

I was just wondering if anybody else had figured out a way to get this behaviour similar to this to work?

Subject: RE: Waiting for user
Replied by: Vance Vagell on 15-11-2005 03:27:33 PM
Hi Alan,

The easiest way to accomplish this is to include the music in the same prompt that says "Ok, I'll wait. Please press '*' when you return." Be sure to include enough music to give the customer time to fetch their credit card. Then, enable barge-in for this prompt, and handle the '*' input as desired (exit to another element, etc.). Using this approach the call flow is:

APP: Ok, I'll wait. Please press '*' when you return. (music starts to play)
(music playing)
USER: *
APP: Ok, let's continue.

Hope this helps,
Vance

Replied by: null on 16-11-2005 09:59:24 AM
Hi,

Thanks, that works for me but at the moment it responds to any type of bargein. I'd ideally like to restrict the bargein to just occur when the "*" key is pressed.
I have the input mode set to dtmf and am using the dtmf keypress setting to specify "*" but it still responds to any kind of bargein.
I have also tried setting the VXML property bargeintype to hotlink for the form, but this just seems to disable bargein for anything.

Regards,
Alan

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 16-11-2005 03:36:05 PM
Hi Alan,

There are two possible solutions:

1) Set the "bargeintype" VoiceXML property of the voice element to "hotword". You mentioned you had set it to "hotlink", which is not a valid setting. Set to "hotword", the only acceptable barge-in values will be those that are present in an active grammar. In other words, the caller will not be able to barge-in with anything other than '*' if that's the only input you've defined in the active grammars. You can set VoiceXML properties for a voice element from the "Settings" tab of the Element Configuration pane in Audium Studio.

2) Some voice browsers may not support the "hotword" value of "bargeintype", per section 4.1.5.1 of the VoiceXML 2.0 Specification, which requires that only one of the two possible values of this setting be supported. In this case, you can add no match audio items that say something along the lines of "Please press * when you have returned. (music starts again)", so that only valid barge-in values are accepted.

Hope this helps,
Vance

Replied by: null on 16-11-2005 03:50:29 PM
Hi,

Sorry, the "hotlink" was a typo, I had tried "hotword". I can only assume that my browser (GVP) doesn't support it.
I am going to go with something similar to your second suggestion.

Thanks for your help,
Alan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links