Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ben Sunderland on 23-07-2012 02:11:12 AM
I have prod 2.5.2 Quad SR1  and need to plan the upgrade to WebExSocial (WES). 

Rather than just upgrade prod (and risk hitting issues as in past) I would rather install WES on dev and then import data from 2.5.2 prod onto it, then upgrade that. 

My question is, can I take data (MongoDB/Index/Oracle) from my prod environment and import to my dev  - both environments are on same network and have different network names /IPs ).  Are the hosts names referenced in the data ? 

How are other people testing the upgrade process?

Subject: RE: WES Upgrade planning question
Replied by: Ratnadeep Ray on 24-07-2012 04:50:44 AM
Hi Ben,

AFAIK, that is possible. Some of the testing folks had done that. To be in the safe side, you can try it out once in your lab environment and see if all went fine or not and then do that in the production. I feel that should work.

Regards,
Ratnadeep.

Replied by: Ben Polzin on 09-08-2012 03:29:34 PM
Hi Ben,

Did you ever go through with this? Curious if you found dependencies on the hostnames or not. Thanks,

Ben

Replied by: Ben Sunderland on 10-08-2012 12:22:07 AM
AM still in process of doing as needed to update my source environment, which is prod,  to SR5. Also am trying to run target environment on 20 GB, so everything sloooow.
Will let you know.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links