Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: deniz caglar on 16-01-2013 08:46:04 AM
Hi,   We have a vxml application on CVP 8.0 integrated with Nuance ASR system 9. We use the Form Element in the Call Studio for this. We want to measure the response time of Nuance server with a tool called Wily. This tool can measure the performance of running java classes, methods and the parameters of methods.   But i dont know which java class is running in the background to run this form element. I only know that this form element produces a vxml file, but which java class & method & parameters run this vxml file?   I decompiled Cisco’s framework.jar and found the below class and method, but this class is loaded only when the server starts up. So i coundn’t catch this method in my sample calls.   Class: com.audium.server.voiceElement.VoiceElementBase Metod:  public VoiceElementResult service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp)   So, do you know which java class make the vxml files run on the server or is there any other ways to measure the response time between VXML and Nuance servers.   Thasnks, Deniz

Subject: Re: New Message from deniz caglar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Janine Graves on 16-01-2013 08:59:27 AM
If you look in the Element Specifications reference manual, it has the
java class for each element listed as the very last piece of information
for that element. The Form element uses the
com.audium.server.voiceElement.form.MFoundationForm

Subject: RE: Which class is running the vxml files (Measuring VXML-Nuance response t
Replied by: deniz caglar on 16-01-2013 09:28:48 AM
Hi Janine,
I'm looking  com.audium.server.voiceElement.form.MFoundationForm  and its method: addXmlBody(VMain vxml, Hashtable reqParameters, VoiceElementData md)
But it seems like this class generates the form element's vxml and adds this vxml to the call flow, so this is not the class that runs the vxml, am i right?

Subject: RE: New Message from deniz caglar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 16-01-2013 09:06:12 AM
First of the vxml code runs on your voice browser and if you have any app java code that will run on your web browser.  The vxml code is already generated and is interpreted on voice browser and then interacts with ASR engine. So the question of java code running in background and taking time to generate vxml code does not even arise.   If you are looking to measure the time that CVP is taking to spit out the vxml code for form etc you are barking on the wrong tree.  What I mean is there is unlikely to be any performance issue there.
Yes, if you have custom java code or any application specific code there could be issues.   If you are facing performance issues you need to look at your vxml gateway, vxml server and interaction with ASR and any application java code (if any).  Not sure what issues you are facing, however you should be able easily figure out where the bottleneck is and which part is taking longer.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:46 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from deniz caglar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Discussion - All Versions: Which class is running the vxml files (Measuring VXML-Nuance response time)

deniz caglar has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion - All Versions": -------------------------------------------------------------- Hi,   We have a vxml application on CVP 8.0 integrated with Nuance ASR system 9. We use the Form Element in the Call Studio for this. We want to measure the response time of Nuance server with a tool called Wily. This tool can measure the performance of running java classes, methods and the parameters of methods.   But i dont know which java class is running in the background to run this form element. I only know that this form element produces a vxml file, but which java class & method & parameters run this vxml file?   I decompiled Cisco’s framework.jar and found the below class and method, but this class is loaded only when the server starts up. So i coundn’t catch this method in my sample calls.   Class: com.audium.server.voiceElement.VoiceElementBase Metod:  public VoiceElementResult service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp)   So, do you know which java class make the vxml files run on the server or is there any other ways to measure the response time between VXML and Nuance servers.   Thasnks, Deniz
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/10740671 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: Re: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General D
Replied by: Janine Graves on 16-01-2013 09:22:12 AM
Hemal is right.
**********But if you are using a Form element and filling in the
settings called VoiceKeyword and DTMF KeyPress then you are not using
the nuance system very efficiently because the vxml server has to create
the grammar for each call, send it to the gateway, which sends it to
Nuance, which then has to compile it, use it, and throw it away.
************The nuance system can only cache grammars that are either
builtin or retrieved using a URL.
************If you're running into latency issues, this is one step
where you could improve efficiency by putting your grammars into files
on the Nuance or Media Server and using a URI or File directive in the
settings named VoiceGrammar and DTMFGrammar.

Subject: Re: New Message from deniz caglar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Janine Graves on 16-01-2013 09:34:12 AM
That's right, VxmlServer just creates VXML code and sends it to the
gateway. The VoiceXML Gateway runs (interprets) the VXML code. The
gateway has a voice browser, http client, mrcp client, and a process to
play audio. The gateway interfaces with the nuance server.

Subject: RE: New Message from deniz caglar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 16-01-2013 09:43:12 AM
There is no one class generating the vxml code for form etc.  It is a low level program that does this.  As mentioned in my previous post, this is not even a issue.  You need to look at things that myself and Janine have listed.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:29 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from deniz caglar in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Discussion - All Versions: RE: Which class is running the vxml files (Measuring VXML-Nuance response t

deniz caglar has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion - All Versions": -------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Janine,
I'm looking  com.audium.server.voiceElement.form.MFoundationForm  and its method: addXmlBody(VMain vxml, Hashtable reqParameters, VoiceElementData md)
But it seems like this class generates the form element's vxml and adds this vxml to the call flow, so this is not the class that runs the vxml, am i right?
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/10741674 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Which class is running the vxml files (Measuring VXML-Nuance response t
Replied by: deniz caglar on 18-01-2013 08:14:11 AM
Thanks for your answers,
I understand that i cant get what i want with a java class.
Another idea is the Debugger log in the vxml.  I see request and response info in this file, but the time is always same for request time and response time es below:
Request Received on:  01/17/2013 14:25:16.093
Response Returned on:  01/17/2013 14:25:16.093

What do you think about this, can i get any info about the response time of Nuance through the form elemen?

Thanks,Deniz

Replied by: Janine Graves on 18-01-2013 09:23:46 AM
No, the debugger doesn't use the Nuance server at all. You'll either need to look at the logs on the nuance server or turn on mrcp logging on the gateway (use PUTTY) and then comb through it for time stamps. Janine -- Janine Graves
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links