Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Dean Schulze on 19-03-2013 12:52:05 PM
This question should probably belongs in a CUCM forum, but there doesn't seem to be a CUCM forum.
I created a CTI Port and assigned a owner to it and added a directory number (random) to it, but the port shows "unknown" for status and IP Address.  For the directory number I just picked an unused extension.
 Doesn't the CTI port have to have an IP address?  What have I missed?
Thanks.

Subject: RE: Why does a new CTI Port shows status and IP address unknown ?
Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 19-03-2013 06:08:31 PM
CTI Ports needs to be registered by an application. Once registered it will show status and registered and IP Address of application registering it. Please refer to Javadocs of Register() APIs on CiscoMediaTerminal

Replied by: Dean Schulze on 20-03-2013 04:11:17 PM
So I add a CTI Port with CUCM and then register it with an application.
My Provider doesn't return any CiscoMediaTerminals, however.  Is there something more I need to do on CUCM to make the CTI Port visible to JTAPI?
Thanks.

Abhishek Malhotra:
CTI Ports needs to be registered by an application. Once registered it will show status and registered and IP Address of application registering it. Please refer to Javadocs of Register() APIs on CiscoMediaTerminal

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 20-03-2013 04:35:31 PM
CTI Port should be added to JTAPI user's controlled device list. Once added, you can refer it via following API:
CiscoProvider.getTerminal(CTI_Port_Device_Name);

Replied by: Dean Schulze on 20-03-2013 04:53:12 PM
That was it.  Thanks for the help.
Abhishek Malhotra:
CTI Port should be added to JTAPI user's controlled device list. Once added, you can refer it via following API:
CiscoProvider.getTerminal(CTI_Port_Device_Name);

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links