Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Jaroslav Urban on 25-02-2013 08:57:17 AM
Hi All,
can someone please explain how xFeedback works? In my understanding its like any other command. however it leaves me with some questions.
1) once I sent the xFeedback, do I need to keep connection open and wait for response? what about some long term process, like incoming call waiting. It can take minutes before I could get response for xFeedback request.
2) if I need to keep connection open, how many of them I can keep in parallel?
3) Am I understanding it well? I didnt find many informations about topic, just reference guide. Can you point me somewhere?
thanks for any suggestion and feedback. Regards, Jaroslav

Subject: RE: xFeedback flow
Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 26-02-2013 06:40:36 AM
Jaroslav,
the xFeedback command is a per-session setup so yes you will need to have a connection open to have any benifit of it. You may have a large number of connections open. However, why would you want that? What is your controller source? AMX/Crestron/PC Application/mobile application?

Have you read the API howto guide? http://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/howtos/cseries-api/feedback

Regards,

David

Replied by: Jaroslav Urban on 26-02-2013 08:27:37 AM
Hi David, thanks for reply.
David Bruun-Lie:
Jaroslav, the xFeedback command is a per-session setup so yes you will need to have a connection open to have any benifit of it. You may have a large number of connections open. However, why would you want that? What is your controller source? AMX/Crestron/PC Application/mobile application?  

Yep I found info its per session aka per connection. I dont want to really mess with connections. In my view it's ok to keep open 2 connection, one for xFeedback, second for any xCommand, xStatus processing. It would probably work also to have just one connection open I guess.
In my case its WPF application which will be communicating with TelePresence C60. Implementation should support both option, connection over serial port or over tcpip.
David Bruun-Lie:

Well, I saw it before, but I missed it. So thanks, it gave me some more info then API ref. However still I am missing more information abour events. Why dont you list them in API ref as the rest (xCommand, xStatus, etc.)?
One more question, how C60 handle errors? If any error occurs at C60 during e.g. xCommand processing, what is returned? I can not find any info around. 
Thanks.
  Cheers, Jaroslav

Subject: Re: New Message from Jaroslav Urban in TelePresence Developer - Codec C90/C
Replied by: Enrico Conedera on 26-02-2013 11:33:54 AM
Regarding xEvents, you can get a list of all supported events from the API. The following happens to be from an EX90:

[image.png]

regards/
/enrico
sent from my iPhone

On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:40 AM, "Admin Tandberg Developer" <cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>> wrote:

Jaroslav Urban has created a new message in the forum "Codec C90/C60/C40": -------------------------------------------------------------- Hi David, thanks for reply.
David Bruun-Lie:
Jaroslav, the xFeedback command is a per-session setup so yes you will need to have a connection open to have any benifit of it. You may have a large number of connections open. However, why would you want that? What is your controller source? AMX/Crestron/PC Application/mobile application?

Yep I found info its per session aka per connection. I dont want to really mess with connections. In my view it's ok to keep open 2 connection, one for xFeedback, second for any xCommand, xStatus processing. It would probably work also to have just one connection open I guess.
In my case its WPF application which will be communicating with TelePresence C60. Implementation should support both option, connection over serial port or over tcpip.
David Bruun-Lie:
Have you read the API howto guide? http://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/howtos/cseries-api/feedback

Well, I saw it before, but I missed it. So thanks, it gave me some more info then API ref. However still I am missing more information abour events. Why dont you list them in API ref as the rest (xCommand, xStatus, etc.)?
One more question, how C60 handle errors? If any error occurs at C60 during e.g. xCommand processing, what is returned? I can not find any info around.
Thanks.
  Cheers, Jaroslav
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/12391006 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Jaroslav Urban in TelePresence Developer - Codec C
Replied by: Enrico Conedera on 26-02-2013 03:31:45 PM
Sorry, the graphic did not come through.
In the API, use the command "xEvent ?"
This will provide a list of all supported events for the particular product.

Enrico Conedera:
Regarding xEvents, you can get a list of all supported events from the API. The following happens to be from an EX90:

[image.png]

regards/
/enrico
sent from my iPhone

On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:40 AM, "Admin Tandberg Developer" <cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>> wrote:

Jaroslav Urban has created a new message in the forum "Codec C90/C60/C40": -------------------------------------------------------------- Hi David, thanks for reply.
David Bruun-Lie:

David Bruun-Lie:

Thanks.
Cheers, Jaroslav
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/12391006 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Jaroslav Urban in TelePresence Developer - Codec C
Replied by: Jaroslav Urban on 01-03-2013 07:45:48 AM
Enrico Conedera:
Sorry, the graphic did not come through.
In the API, use the command "xEvent ?"
This will provide a list of all supported events for the particular product.

Thanks, the only thing is that I dont have the access to TelePresence system yet. It should be C40 and its on the way. So I am relying on documentation for now. SOme events are mentioned in specs, so its ok.
Just few questions rgarding to integration:
1) can I send request with xFeedback with more then one expression? An example perhaps.
2) when processing response from telepresence system, is there all the time OK in message or something else in case of faulty processing? Like "Error". Cound not find any info anywhere.
Thanks for any help. Cheers, Jaroslav

Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 04-03-2013 05:17:10 AM
1) No you register one feedback expression at a time:
1xfeedback register status/video
2xfeedback register status/call
3xfeedback register status/conference
4xfeedback register configuration
5xfeedback register event/message
2) All commands that are PARSED successfully by the shell returns OK (meaning correct command and valid attributes). Else ERROR. However, all results from feedback or commands are ended with "** end\n".   What language are you programming in? If you are programming in a high-level language you might consider using XML as output of API instead. If so then issue "xPreferences Outputmode xml" upon connection and all output will be in pure XML.   Cheers, David  

Replied by: Scott Stanley on 23-04-2013 04:23:23 PM
I also need a little explanation.  I have succesfully used:
xFeedback register /Event/CallDisconnect
xFeedback register /Event/CallSuccessful
I would like to do the same for standby, presentation mode, auto answer mode and selfview. 
I have tried these:
xfeedback register /standby/active
xfeedback register /conference/presentation/mode
xfeedback register /status/autoanswer/mode
xfeedback register /configuration/video/selfview
The all seem to register and when I xfeedback list they appear in the list but the feedback is not changed when I manualyl change the status on the codec.

What am I doing wrong?

Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 24-04-2013 03:37:38 AM
xfeedback register /standby/active

You are missing "/status" in the beginning of the expression. It should be /status/standby/active
xfeedback register /conference/presentation/mode

You are missing "/status" in the beginning of the expression. It should be /status/conference/presentation/mode
xfeedback register /status/autoanswer/mode

Autoanswer mode is not a status, but a configuration. The expression should be /configuration/autoanswer/mode
xfeedback register /configuration/video/selfview

The expression is correct. However, if you are using TC6 and higher then you should look at the selfview command + selfview statuses instead as we have expanded the flexibility of selfview to include size and which screen to show selfview on.
Better to use:
xfeedback register /status/video/selfview/mode to check if selfview is on or off.

Cheers,
David

Replied by: Scott Stanley on 24-04-2013 01:08:21 PM
Thank your for the quick response.  This was a big help.

I found this did not work:

xfeedback register /configuration/autoanswer/mode did not work.

With a little more experimentation I found

xfeedback register /configuration/conference/autoanswer/mode works

Thanks again

Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links