cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear all,

Cisco TAC is a valueable resource to help you on technical issues/topics (from config assistance till troubleshouting). 

Some useful docs/links:

Cisco Technical Services Resource Guide - at a glance

https://apps.kaonadn.net/4357027/TAC/index.html (select TAC Capabilities/Engage with TAC) 

Cisco Support Case Manager 

Cisco TAC Phone numbers per country

Some hints: 

1) For urgent network down issues (sev1/sev2) , please open a case via phone - not via email or chat. 

Capture1.PNG

2) Provide accurate and detailed info- have main data prerared in advance! 

The better info you provided to TAC, the better and quicker result you will get.

Try to have ready some data (product versions, diagrams, etc.) that would be easy to upload to the case whenever needed. Remember that if you have a sev1 issue, you will not have time to sit down and describe your environment. 

3) For escalations or raise priority

To raise priority, call Cisco TAC helpline (phone lines per country can be found above) and provide case number and reason for raising priority. If this is P1/P2 case and assigned TAC engineer is not on shift, you could either wait for him/her (depending on the time you have) or ask for a new TAC Engineer that would be ready to work with you. You might wait for a few minutes (depending on TAC's load) but shortly new TAC engineer would work with you on the issue. 

If you still have issues with TAC handling, you can call Cisco TAC helpline and ask to talk TAC Duty Manager to either engage more resources or even change the TAC engineer. 

Capture2.PNG

3) Time difference

Sometimes you open a TAC case at certain time and based on opening time, TAC case is routed to appropriate TAC center (TAC has offices around the world) but then you see that time zone difference between you and TAC engineer does not help to find a convienent common time for troubleshouting. In these cases, you could call TAC Front line and ask to requeue case to an new TAC engineer on your time zone. 

-----------------------------------------------------

please rate the posts you find useful

you can follow this post if you like, in order to get updates

If you have any suggestions for new community posts, would be glad to hear them.

rgds

Alkiviadis 

DISCLAIMER: this post was created in order to provide useful info to Cisco partners and customers in my area (Greece/Cyprus and Malta).  For official and updated information, please consult cisco documentation, datasheets and ordering guides.

Comments
Amol Jadhav
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

Please Provide proper answers for below questions  

I am trying to get perfect answers for below but i can't get from many days 

so i m requesting to provide the same

• I’ve sent a response to the engineer this morning and I still have not received a reply. How can I check if the TAC engineer is on-shift? 

• You are working with a TAC engineer on an existing Service Request but your customer is unhappy because the same issue reoccurred and is impacting their business. What are the different ways to escalate the Service Request? 

• What will help expedite resolution of my Service Request? 

• What are the expectations of the Partner on a Severity 1 service request with TAC?

• What are the expectations of a Cisco Partner under the Collaborative Partner Support Service model? 

• You are concerned that your Service Request is not progressing and/or technical ability of the TAC engineer. What is the TAC escalation process?

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi @Amol Jadhav,

had created this post some time ago to provide some basic guidelines.
More info on TAC engagement can be found in various salesconnect resources like below :
PIW - TAC Best Practices - PDF

If you need further help and you are a partner, contact your Partner AM to arrange a session with CX TAC Team.
If you are in cisco, contact your CX team directly.

Below are not official answers but some quick thoughts to your questions :

• I’ve sent a response to the engineer this morning and I still have not received a reply. How can I check if the TAC engineer is on-shift? 
    If case is not P1 or P2, then answers might not come in hours or even in a day. Depends on case priority.
    TAC engineers mention most of the times their shift hours in their email signature but you can also call TAC front desk to ask. Not sure if TAC bot provides this info.

• You are working with a TAC engineer on an existing Service Request but your customer is unhappy because the same issue reoccurred and is impacting their business. What are the different ways to escalate the Service Request? 
    this is covered in the doc above and also in the PIW .

• What will help expedite resolution of my Service Request? 
    Case escalation as described above and in PIW.

• What are the expectations of the Partner on a Severity 1 service request with TAC?
    Please review the relevant docs.

• What are the expectations of a Cisco Partner under the Collaborative Partner Support Service model? 
    don't know this answer.

• You are concerned that your Service Request is not progressing and/or technical ability of the TAC engineer. What is the TAC escalation process?
    answered above.

hope this helps a bit

rgds
Alkiviadis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: