Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When updating a Route pattern on Cisco Unified Communications Manager , we are presented with the following message/warning

"Any update to this Route Pattern automatically resets the associated gateway or Route List"

What does this actually mean?

I made a couple of tests by creating a SIP Trunks between two CUCM 10.x Clusters  ( Cluster-A and Cluster-B ).

Test 1:
Created a Route group RG-A on Cluster-A and added the SIP trunk ( SIP-A ) pointing towards Cluster-B in that Route group
Created a Route List RL-A and added RG-A to this Route List
Create a Route Pattern 22XX on Cluster A and selected the RL-A

Made a test call from an endpoint on Cluster-A to extension 2231 on Cluster-B

While the call was up i updated some settings on the Route pattern 22XX and clicked on OK when the message "Any update to this Route Pattern automatically resets the associated gateway or Route List" popped up.

However, the call stayed up, there was no impact on the call.

Test 2:
I assigned the SIP trunk SIP-A directly on the Route Pattern 22XX , without using the Route list option this time

Made a test call from an endpoint on Cluster-A to extension 2231 on Cluster B

While the call was up i updated some settings on the Route pattern 22XX and clicked on OK when the message "Any update to this Route Pattern automatically resets the associated gateway or Route List" popped up.

This time the call got disconnected

So, any changes on the Route pattern will cause the existing calls to drop if you assign the trunk or gateway directly on Route pattern page. If they are assigned using the correct approach of using Route group and Route list then it does not impact the calls that are up on the gateway / trunk and that time.

Manish

Comments
Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Manish,

Thanks for sharing (+5).

- Vivek

Summit.
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Manish, +5 for sure.

Just what I was looking for... 

Sumit M.

mohammad.hafeez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Manish, 

If you copy an existing Route Pattern to create a new one with the same settings (Gateway/Route List), would that cause any issue still for ongoing calls? Because it still gives the same error message.

Thanks,

Mohammad. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: