Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.  This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you to copy/paste.  There is built in logic to verify you are entering in the correct information for the deployment selected, as well as valid XML characters.

The XML file structure is rendered in JavaScript, so you'll still need to copy/paste the contents into a text file and upload the file to your CUCM server, but you can rest assured that the configuration is correct and valid by using this form.

Update 2015-07-09: Updated with 11.0 keys, testing new automated method to mine key values from public facing documentation, new UI. Feedback on the new UI is welcome

Update 2015-03-12: Update default selection for new keys.

Update 2015-02-18: Added more keys from 10.6.

Update 2015-01-28: Update for 10.6 keys.

Update 2014-12-17: Update value generation when using reserved characters (&/&) so that only substitution takes place once.

Update 2014-11-19: Reworked the Jabber-Plugin additions, relaxed hostname verification, more import enhancements, updated missing keys in 10.5, corrected default value selection.

Update 2014-10-22: Updated CSS, corrected a few default values to match updated documentation and user comments in this forum, enhanced import function, added optional Telemetry Suggestion from existing data.

Update 2014-10-09: Added text import of existing jabber-config.xml file to pre-populate the form (works in FireFox & Chrome, IE not tested).  Removed SHA Hash generation of TelemetryCustomerID field.

Update 2014-08-29: Added 10.5 J4W keys which should apply to the other 10.5 releases as well, with additional logic to aid with some of the more complex key configuration.

Update 2014-05-12: Modified UI slightly, also corrected problem with checkbox inputs

Update 2014-05-09: Updated logic to include PhoneMode keys for versions past 9.2; although not all clients support PhoneMode yet.

Update 2014-04-24: Corrected misspelled keys, and validation errors.

Update 2014-04-21: Added J4W 9.7 specific fields, as well as simplifying data entry for BDI fields.  If using BDI, simply make sure you've selected OSX, iOS, or Android, and the script will copy whatever fields you have entered for the EDI integration, and automatically create the BDI specific keys for you.

Update 2014-01-02: Added partial Mac 9.2 specific fields for BDI, Windows 9.6 specific fields.

Update 2013-07-25: Modified Search Base validation logic to include the default CN in addition to OU's

Update 2013-05-17: Added 9.2 specific fields.

Update 2012-12-29: Added 9.1 specific fields and implented version switching for it to work with both 9.0, 9.1, and any future version dependent fields

Update 2012-08-16: resolution to CSCua39052 in Jabber 9.0(4) resolved the Base Filter open/close bracket problem.  Updated validation tests to reflect this change.  As such, this script will only work for Jabber 9.0(4) and later when using a custom Base Filter; if using Jabber prior to 9.0(4), simply remove the last closing bracket in the Base Filter tag before uploading to TFTP.

Comments
szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thanks, there were apparently a good number of keys that I missed from the pre-FCS documentation. I've updated the script with everything I could find on cisco.com now.

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The script just takes the parameters that are published in the documentation and performs some input validation on the values. For a full list, please refer to this page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and_chapter_01010.html#CJAB_RF_G345C5C0_00

Trad Tobaishat
Level 4
Level 4

This tool makes the life easier I love it. Any plan that this tool is integrated in CUCM?

I can't seem to download your tool. There seems to be an issue with the format.

Can you repost the file? It seems to be corrupted and I'm unable to download it. Thanks so much.

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What browser are you using? The download works fine for me in Chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit).

What program are you using to extract the ZIP file? The Jive platform requires it to be uploaded as a ZIP file, and it adds the "_" character after upload, but I can extract it just fine using the Archive Utility.app. If there's another application that doesn't extract this, I'd like to try and reproduce the behavior.

The direct download link is:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/attachments/document/jabber-config.html__0.zip

Dear szelenka ,

I have used your config file generator i have to admit that it was very helpful!

But i still cannot call a URI via windows jabber client. Please  have a look below, it is a print screen from my attempt to call a URI via my jabber client

this is the xml body that i have used

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Phone>
   <TftpServer1>10.1.0.229</TftpServer1>
   <CtiServer1>10.1.0.229</CtiServer1>
 </Phone>
 <Policies>
   <EnableSIPURIDialling>true</EnableSIPURIDialling>
   <TelemetryCustomerID>gr.cardiff</TelemetryCustomerID>
 </Policies>
 <Directory>
   <DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
   <PresenceDomain>cardiff.gr</PresenceDomain>
   <BDIPresenceDomain>cardiff.gr</BDIPresenceDomain>
   <UdsServer>10.1.0.229</UdsServer>
   <UdsPhotoUriWithToken>http://www.photo</UdsPhotoUriWithToken>
 </Directory>
</config>

Could you please advise why i still cannot place a URI call from my jabber client?

Thanks in advance, with kind regards,

George

I noticed that the 

<EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>false</EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>

shows up in the  form as set to 'True' by default but in the Jabber 10.6 deployment guide it is a FALSE parameter.  The form does not populate the option when set to true, it only sets it when it is false(Which is the default)

Can you fix this?

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks! Done! I'm working on a script to double check the default values documented on CCO but that's going to be a few months out. If there are others we catch, please let me know.

damn Internet Explorer. I used Chrome and it worked. Thanks szelenka!

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Two small bugs

1. Your configurator doesn't allow for anonymous LDAP binds.
  2. For LDAP SSL, TAC told me the correct syntax was <BDIEnableTLS>True</BDIEnableTLS>, not <UseSSL>1</UseSSL> which your configurator generates

GTG

Hi Thanks a lot for the feedback :)

I have another task for which i couldn't find a solution. I cannot find a technical description in order to configure an SX10 to register to the company via the MRA Zone.

Again regarding the case of SX10, because we have used self signed certificates for the implementation which certificate should we upload to the SX10. Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,

George

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, great tool indeed!

I have found one issue and not sure if it is a Jabber bug in general…

But we wanted to suppress all notification of locations alerts so I used the following two lines;

<Client>

<Location_Enabled>false</Location_Enabled>

<Client>

<Options>

<Location_Mode>DISABLED</Location_Mode>

</Options>

For the life of me I cant get the prompts to stop (and I have tried ENABLEDNOPROMPT as well. But I did notice that the location mode generated as uppercase??? Any relevance?

bhough
Level 5
Level 5

when I click the link, states page can't be found?

R. Clayton Miller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Directory search base field errors out with dc=corp,dc=org.  Seems it must have an ou or cn in it, which is not the case with my customer's search base.  I have tried separating and placing dc=corp on one line and dc=org on the other but this just results in an error on both lines.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: