Created by: Stephan Steiner on 08-10-2013 04:05:06 AM When I'm sending the following (I realize the evenlope is missing...)
<user><firstName>bbraun</firstName><lastName>test 4</lastName><userid>bbrauntest04</userid><password>bbraun01</password><pin>415113</pin><telephoneNumber>415113</telephoneNumber><userLocale>French France</userLocale><associatedDevices><device>TCTbbrauntest04</device></associatedDevices><primaryExtension><primaryExtension><pattern>415113</pattern></primaryExtension></primaryExtension><associatedGroups><userGroup><name>Standard CCM End Users</name></userGroup><userGroup><name>Standard CTI Enabled</name></userGroup></associatedGroups><enableCti>true</enableCti><digestCredentials>bbraun</digestCredentials><phoneProfiles><profileName>bbrauntest04</profileName></phoneProfiles><defaultProfile>bbrauntest04</defaultProfile><enableMobility>true</enableMobility><enableMobileVoiceAccess>true</enableMobileVoiceAccess><primaryDevice>TCTbbrauntest04</primaryDevice><ctiControlledDeviceProfiles><profileName>bbrauntest04</profileName></ctiControlledDeviceProfiles></user>
(the device and device profiles do exist), I get back the following error
Primary Extension DN should be associated with the associated devices of the User
Now... the device TCTbbrauntest04 does exist, as does the DN 415113 - and the device is also in the list of associated devices. So.. the error message is misleading... it implies that the request is wrong, whereas the problem is that to set the primary line, you first need to create the user, then update it setting the primary line.
And then here comes the bug (I really wished they'd resolve my CDN membership issues already so I can file immediately).. sending the following update command
Note the different ways of writing uuids... all lowercase without curly braces versus all uppercase with curly braces.. For ctiControlledDeviceProfiles, we're also stuck with the lower case no braces syntax, while the rest of the guids use upper case with curly braces (user uuid, serviceProfile, etc.)
@edit: I also tried a very simple update.. just sending uuid and primaryExtension... but it's still a nogo. The operation goes through, but does nothing. only writing the appropriate entry directly into endusernumplanmap table has the desired effect