Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Arvind Sharma on 15-02-2013 11:00:20 AM
Was wondering if there is any API  (in any version of JTAPI), where after answering a call, the phone can be muted ?

Both parties - Calling and Called.

Arvind

Subject: RE: Phone Mute via JTAPI
Replied by: David Staudt on 15-02-2013 11:53:16 AM
JTAPI has no ability to effect the phone's audio systems: e.g. volume, mute, speaker, headset, etc.
Would putting the call on hold (or doing something like Redirecting it temporarily to a CTI port that plays silence), suffice?  That can of course be done via JTAPI.

Replied by: Mohan Potluri on 15-02-2013 11:55:50 AM
There is no direct API. 

This can be achieved using sendData(byte[]) API. Try sending <CiscoIPPhoneExecute><ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Key:Mute"/></CiscoIPPhoneExecute> using this API.

Replied by: David Staudt on 15-02-2013 12:02:37 PM
sendData is an interesting capability, and there is a full XML API for utilizing the phone's display and certain other features by apps in this way: http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps/home

Mohan's suggestion is to use the XML API's ability to simulate physical button presses on the phone - via the Key:??? URI - to simulate pressing the phone's Mute button.  Unfortunately there is no corresponding API for reading the current state of the Mute button, so this button push is 'blind' and may do the opposite of what the app thinks its doing (e.g, if the user already pressed Mute manually).

Replied by: Arvind Sharma on 15-02-2013 01:10:09 PM
Yeah. I am trying to stay away from the XSI interaction and keep it pure JTAPI API.   I  understand sendData() is part of JTAPI.. but you understand what I mean.

Also, David's issue is the one I am concerned about too.

Any plans of providing the same capaiblity within JTAPI in near future ? 

Other vendors allows this capabilities by sending some DTMF tones after the call has been setup.

Arvind

Replied by: Mohan Potluri on 15-02-2013 01:52:16 PM
Nothing in current pipeline to get this functionality in JTAPI API.
Comments
YouTee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried this with Cisco IP Communicator and it's working. However, when I tried the same on Cisco Jabber softphone, it did not work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links