Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11

Subject: RE: SIP Reason code inside the JTapi cisco cause codes whne a call hangup
Replied by: James Wagner on 05-04-2012 07:07:13 PM
I also have an Asterisk server interfacing with the CCM via a SIP trunk.  However, I haven't programmed anything with it and so have 0 practical experience with it.  I did have an idea when reading your post that I figured wouldn't hurt to throw out there - maybe it'll help.

The Cisco JPAPI interface is basically an extension of regular JTAPI.  You might be able to use the standard JTAPI events, rather than their Cisco-specific implementations, to retrieve the information you're looking for.

It's worth a shot at least...

Subject: RE: SIP Reason code inside the JTapi cisco cause codes whne a call hangup
Replied by: Stefania Oliviero on 06-04-2012 05:10:50 AM
Thank for your answer. I log all events  received from CUCM, but I don't see any cause or reason  that I've customized in the SIP protocol.

Is there a way to put a custom cause or reason code so I can then read with JTapi Events ?
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Stefania Oliviero on 05-04-2012 05:36:52 PM
HI to all,
I'm trying to read the SIP reason code I put inside the Bye command via the SIPP tool.
I'd like to read this code when a call hangs up.
Scenario is:
Asterisk connected to CUCM via a SIP Trunk. My client would receive special reason code, from the calling phone, when the caller hansg up.

Can I obtain this code in the cisco cause code inside some JTapi events such as
CallCtlConnFailedEv or in a TermConDroppedEv ?

Thanks to anyone who wants to help me, this is very important for me.

Replied by: Mohan Potluri on 06-04-2012 12:31:16 PM
In addition to the standard getCause() and getCallCtrlCause(), Cisco extenstions has getCiscoCause(). If you haven't tried it already, you can give it a spin. 

Replied by: Stefania Oliviero on 10-04-2012 08:37:06 AM
I've found the solution:
I put on the BYE SIP Command the following field:

Reason: Q.850;cause=6

so I can then read it with Cisco Extention getCiscocause().
I use the Q.850 codes (6 is an example). Also on the IPPhone I can view the descriptions associated with the codes.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links