Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Gary Bradford on 19-08-2009 08:26:13 PM
I am new to IP Phone programming and really dont know where to start (getting started link is dead).

I think what I am trying to do is really simple.  We have 7975 touchscreen phones.  We simply want to put 6 ICONS on the main screen (not services) and have someone push that icon to dial a number.

Any initial direction would be helpful

Thanks

Subject: RE: Speed Dials on Color Touchscreen Phone
Replied by: David Staudt on 19-08-2009 10:41:42 PM
I would suggest using the 'Idle URL' feature.  This URL can be configured per phone or globally (Enterprise Parameters), and will be retrieved when the phone goes Idle (after a call or an XML services session) after a configurable time period. 

The URL would point to your web server, which would serve a CiscoIPPhoneGraphicFileMenu object.  This object allows a large (but not full screen) image to be displayed with configurable <TouchArea>s - which are X/Y rectangles associated with 'action' URIs.  Normally these URIs would be for other URLs, but you can also specify a URI which causes the phone to dial, i.e. 'Dial:XXX' (where XXX is the number.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CiscoIPPhoneGraphicFileMenu>
  <Title>Image Title goes here</Title>
  <Prompt>Prompt text goes here</Prompt>
  <LocationX>Horizontal position of graphic</LocationX>
  <LocationY>Vertical position of graphic</LocationY>
  <URL>Points to the PNG background image</URL>
  <MenuItem>
    <Name>Same as CiscoIPPhoneGraphicMenu</Name>
    <URL>Dial:1000</URL>
    <TouchArea X1="left edge" Y1="top edge" X2="right edge" Y2="bottom edge"/>
  </MenuItem>
</CiscoIPPhoneGraphicFileMenu>

Replied by: JUSTIN RILEY on 24-08-2009 07:44:20 PM
I have tried this using an image size of 320x212. It does not seem to work, but I am not sure if the .xml is properly formed, or if I have webserver permission problem.  I get an error 404 trying to connect to the webserver (WAMP2.0) on my laptop.  I have disabled the firewall.
The idle.html and hotel.png files ar both in th www root folder.  Here is my take at your code:
I wasn' sure what to put in the <name> tag
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CiscoIPPhoneGraphicFileMenu>
  <Title>hotel</Title>
  <Prompt>touch an icon</Prompt>
  <LocationX>0</LocationX>
  <LocationY>0</LocationY>
  <URL>http://10.180.2.3/hotel.png</URL>
  <MenuItem>
    <Name>hotel</Name>
    <URL>Dial:1295</URL>
    <TouchArea X1="0" Y1="0" X2="320" Y2="212"/>
  </MenuItem>
</CiscoIPPhoneGraphicFileMenu>

Any thoughts?

Replied by: David Staudt on 25-08-2009 04:38:40 PM
The object looks OK to me.  Note the image display size is smaller than 320 - the image cannot be full screen.  See the IPPS developer guide for specific displayable sizes per model.

Certainly if you can't retrieve the XML object from a standard web browser, the phone will have problems.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links