Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Kevin Pickard on 11-11-2013 08:23:37 AM
We are playing wth Finesse and UCCX 10 and we are seeing some behavioural differences between it and how Finesse operates with UCCE. 

The biggest issue we are seeing is lack of events from Finesse. In one of our gadgets we have multiple sections (functions) of javascript code that register for events. With Finesse and UCCE all of the sections that registered for events got them. With the new UCCX/Finesse setup it looks like only one (the first to register) gets the events. Is that a change in behaviour or was the earlier behaviour a fluke? For example the following javascript code is in multiple places (functions) within *one* gadget.

_user = new finesse.restservices.User({
                    id: _prefs.getString("id"),
                    onLoad: _handleUserLoad,
                    onChange: _handleUserChange,
                    onError: _handleUserError
                });

On agent state change the first function that called the above is properly getting events on its callback but the second is not. Can a single gadget have multiple callbacks in different functions?

Also is there anything else we need to do with the newer Finesse other than use the new finesse.js? I did have to add an additional '<Require feature="setprefs"/>' to our gadget XML. Do I need anything else?

Subject: RE: UCCX 10 & Finesse
Replied by: Joseph Horvath on 11-11-2013 09:36:21 AM
I have been able to replicate an issue where multiple user subscriptions (all from the same user) fail, however, it turned out to be an issue with my code. In order to allow multiple event registrations from a single user, one needs to ensure that when the login to BOSH is done, that a unique resource string is used. Otherwise, if the same resource name is used (or no resource string is used), then the older subscriptions will fail with “stream:error (conflict)”. If unique resource strings are used during the BOSH login, then multiple subscriptions from a single user works as expected where each user "session" gets event notifications.

See: http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/20661

For those developing Finesse clients (thick or thin), it is your responsibility to remember to do this correctly.

Subject: RE: New Message from Kevin Pickard in Finesse - General Questions: UCCX 10
Replied by: David Lender on 11-11-2013 09:37:44 AM
Finesse 10.0 javascript library has not yet been released or did you get an early version somehow?  The finesse 9.1(1) javascript library is not supported on UCCX 10.0 Finesse.
Only the Require feature = “setprefs” is new for 10.0 regarding requirements for a gadget.

Subject: RE: New Message from Kevin Pickard in Finesse - General Questions: UCCX 10
Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 11-11-2013 10:43:29 AM
Joseph how does this affect us when we are running as a gadget within the Finesse framework? We are not creating a separate server connection.

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 11-11-2013 10:48:59 AM
David Lender:
Finesse 10.0 javascript library has not yet been released or did you get an early version somehow?  The finesse 9.1(1) javascript library is not supported on UCCX 10.0 Finesse.
Only the Require feature = “setprefs” is new for 10.0 regarding requirements for a gadget.
I got an early version somehow. :-) So I am using what I believe to be the new library with UCCX 10.0 Finesse. Does what Joseph mentioned have anything to do with users of the javascript library? My understanding is that as gadgets using the javascript library we are all sharing the same BOSH connection. So the question is has there been a change in how many times a single gadget can specify callbacks?
Comments
imhazige
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, the same API as Kevin used,

_user = new finesse.restservices.User({

id: _prefs.getString("id"),

onLoad: _handleUserLoad,

onChange: _handleUserChange,

onError: _handleUserError

});

today the first time I use finesse 10 to load our product gadget which is running for a long time on finesse 9 without problem, but in finesse 10, it can not working as _handleUserLoad event not triggered, strange thing is, if I move the gadget in a single tab, it will work, if it is inside the same tab with other gadgets, it will not trigger.

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Are you using the 10.0 version of the Finesse Javascript library?

It is available for download here

https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/82c54955-1179-4fcf-9d0e-92c1e18b49e4

kazspinsci
Level 1
Level 1

we have scruple to update to 10, is it compatible with finesse9, as most of our client are using finesse9 currently.

kazspinsci
Level 1
Level 1

I have try finessejs 10 today, I found the document is really not good, there are a new config required for the

finesse.clientservices.ClientServices.init(Config), that is localhostPort, I do not see any words mentioned in the js doc, I have to look into the code to get this information.

And for the nocache parameter in the finesse desktop url, I found it will be easy to make the finesse load partly code of the content, so the "should" work js file became not work as it have not loaded completely into the gadget.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links