Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Definition

• The Switch is the entity that first receives the call from the network or  caller.
  • The VRU is the entity that plays audio and preforms prompt-and-collect  functions.

CUCM and/or ACDs can issue Route Requests and can therefore be considered as  Switch leg devices.

Details

Unified ICM perceives calls that need IVR treatment as having two portions:

• The Switch leg and
  • The VRU leg.

Unified CVP can participate in the Switch role or the VRU role, or both, from  the perspective of Unified ICM.

In a network deployment, multiple Unified CVP devices can also be deployed to  provide the Switch and VRU portions independently.

CVP's IVR Service functions as the VRU leg.

• The VRU leg is the leg that talks to the VoiceXML Gateway(s).

VXML-GW<------VRU-Leg-------CVP-----Switch-Leg---->CUCM/ACD

Comments

Hi Syed,

Can you help me understand, how many VXML and Call server ports will be utilized for a single call. I'm very confused about usage of these ports.

At present, in my environment we have 4 CVP servers (v10.0.1) with 850 VXML ports and 900 call servers ports. We are seeing lot of calls coming in and VXML port utilization is approx. 30% say hardly during peak hours it would go to 250 VXML ports being used. However at the same time we are seeing 850+ call server ports being utilized. So the ratio of ports being used for vxml and call server port is like 1:3.

Also what happens if we max out the call server ports? Will the new call fail?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: