Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Janine Graves on 28-08-2008 01:45:39 AM
Customer is trying to configure a "Whisper Announcement" using ICM or CVP (where an announcement is played to an agent just before the customer's call is
delivered). Have any of you ever done this? Their integrators are
scratching their heads, can this be done using ICM?

Subject: Re: Whisper Announcement
Replied by: Christopher LeBlanc on 04-09-2008 05:30:21 PM
Hi,
One way to do it is to have the CTIOS desktop automatically conference in a DN that will run a CVP VXML Server application that plays a .wav file. So as the call is answered, the agent will hear the audio.

This would involve scripting on the CTIOS Desktop.

Regards,
-Chris

Replied by: Linda Miller on 04-09-2008 08:02:34 PM
Chris, is this the only way the whisper can be played or are there other options available? Does the whisper also play to the caller as well or is the caller placed on hold while the whisper is played? Also is the whisper played through the PC speaker or USB headset or does it come through the phone headset? I would appreciate any help you can give us on this issue. Thanks, Linda

Replied by: Christopher LeBlanc on 04-09-2008 08:16:27 PM
Actually, using this method would play the .wav file to the caller and the agent, which defeats the purpose of Whisper. I can't think of a way to play a .wav file to just the agent once the call is connected. I was trying to "think outside the box" since this is not a supported feature for ICM or CVP.

Regards,
-Chris
Comments
Andreas Stuber
Level 4
Level 4

Use the Whisper feature of CUCM v8.5 and later

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links