cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jnystad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an SX-80 that is mainly used for video meetings, but sometimes there are held local meetings as well. The macro and panel we have setup will just output HDMI input 2, 3 an DVI to left or right screen of your own choosing, and this works as intended.

But the issue I have is that even thou when the "local meeting" page and macro is triggered, it will still trigger the standby after 10 minutes or whatever we set it too. I want to use the standard setting when it is not being used. So I want Standby delay to be 10 minutes in the advanced configuration. But whenever the "local meeting" page is open on the touch10, I want it to never go to standby.

Here is some of the code that I have tried to override the Standby delay, using Standby ResetTimer. Also highlighted the part where I am probably missing something.

xapi.event.on('UserInterface Extensions Event PageOpened', (event) => {
  if (event.PageId === 'LM_page')
    xapi.command('Standby ResetTimer', {Delay: 240});

And here is code that will run after the once the local meeting page is cancelled by clicking outside of the page.

xapi.event.on('UserInterface Extensions Event PageClosed', (event) => {
  if (event.PageId === 'LM_page')
    xapi.command('Standby ResetTimer', {Delay: 10});

I have also tried with a function as seen below, but the xCommand Standby setting is overriding it with ease.

function resetStandby(state) {
      if (state === 'Standby') xapi.command('Standby ResetTimer', {Delay: '240'});
    }
    xapi.status.on('Standby State', resetStandby);
    function resetHalfwake(state) {
      if (state === 'Halfwake') xapi.command('Standby ResetHalfwakeTimer', {Delay: '240'});
    }
    xapi.status.on('Standby State', resetHalfwake);

I had an idea to add a status listener, that would check if the page was open or not, and then keep awake or continue the standby delay, given the status of the page being open or not.

Some ideas on how I can make this work with a simple change?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links