cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
freddy8827
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all:

I have installed a CWMS version 1.5 system with 50 users and it works fine.But  I deployed another 800 user system, when I initialized an instant meeting, , the meeting session is always  in the waiting status and can't start to meeting. I know we must install a self-sign certificate in version 1.5

before start a meeting, and I did it in both 50 and 800 users system. The difference between 50 and 800 user system is that a dedicated  "media server" exists in 800 user system,I guess there might be something wrong with the "media server"...Is there anyone have the same issue and how to fix it? Thanks

Regards

Freddy

Comments
dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Freddy,

I am not sure if you already resolved this issue or not, but in order to identify the issue and resolve it, we would need more information about the deployment and the issue itself:

1. What is the exact version you are running?

2. Do you have HA and IRP?

3. What kind of DNS deployment you have (split-horizon or..)?

4. What hardware are you using?

5. Was the system deployed automatically or manually?

6. Is the status of all the VMs in Good status?

7. In regards to the issue itself, can you describe how you are joining the meeting (step by step), include the screen shot of the waiting status, are you going through the IRP or internally, are you joining from a PC/MAC/mobile device, etc.

This kind of issues are not easy to troubleshoot this way as we might need to get fiddler and webex tracer logs for the time of the issue to see where the problem is. Still, please, provide us with this additional information about the system and the issue, and we'll go from there.

-Dejan

freddy8827
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dejan:

Thanks for your response. The answers is as following:

1. What is the exact version you are running? -->I tried both version 1.5.1.6.A and 1.5.1.131.A

2. Do you have HA and IRP?-->No HA and IRP

3. What kind of DNS deployment you have (split-horizon or..)?-->Non-split-horizon

4. What hardware are you using?--.UCS C460 M2

5. Was the system deployed automatically or manually?-->I tried both  automatically and manually

6. Is the status of all the VMs in Good status?--> All the states are good from the admin page

7. In regards to the issue itself, can you describe how you are joining the meeting (step by step), include the screen shot of the waiting status, are you going through the IRP or internally, are you joining from a PC/MAC/mobile device, etc. -->I join the meeting "Internally" from my laptop with win 7 OS ,IE8 and 9. The step is as following:-->Sign in from the webexlogin page-->select meeting now-->fill in the topic and password-->click start-->the meeting session is always keeping in "Just a moment,we are setting up your meeting" status.

Thanks foryour support..

Best Regards

Freddy

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Freddy,

Before we jump into collecting the traces and logs, can you try joining the meeting from some other computer? Not sure if you tried that already, but just to eliminate that one thing first.

-Dejan

freddy8827
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dejan:

Actually, I meet the same issue from other computers, and might need your help to verify this issue!

Thanks...

Best Regards

Freddy

freddy8827
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dejan:

After I updated all the firmware of C460 server and  the Esxi to version 5.1,now the meeting can be initialized and works fine. I will update it to you if I find out the root cause.

Thanks....

Best Regards

Freddy

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for the update, Freddy. Furthermore, keep in mind that 1.5 version has certain bugs and I would advise you to update to the latest Maintenance Release that was just published on CCO.

1. Release notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Release_Notes.html

2. The update file: cisco-webex-meetings-server-1.5.1.323.A.iso

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284850602&catid=282627892&softwareid=284536950&release=1.5(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

3. Update instructions:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Administration_Guide_chapter_01000.html

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: