cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jarias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone ...

I'm one of the platform product managers in Cisco's UC Technology Group.  I cover hardware platforms, OSes and virtualization strategy for Business Edition 6000/7000, UConUCS and 3rd-party options.  I also cover Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment for those of you thinking about or performing migrations.

Our team will be checking in periodically to answer any questions you may have on BE6000.  Just click the "Start a Discussion" link and one of us will respond.

I'm based in Orlando, FL and will be taking questions during EST hours.  My team-mates in UK and California will also be hopping on during their days.   Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

-james

12 Comments
George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

Is there any more information about how to use the NAT functionality in PCD?

Thanks,

George

jarias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Had you seen the PCD Admin Guide’s NAT content yet?

General here…

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/11_0_1/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110_chapter_011.html#CUCM_RF_NBD658A6_00

and search for “NAT” on that same page for Task-level stuff.

-james

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I had seen this but I was looking more like a network diagram. Was wondering what is actually supported and how Cisco qas able to mimic this in the lab.

jarias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PCD can be behind a NAT boundary, or the destination ESXi hosts and application VMs can be behind a NAT boundary.

Was there a specific NAT use case you were concerned about?

Not sure if these pics will past correctly but if they do …. see below for the types of use cases we fed engineering for “PCD NAT support”.

These are a bit messy but were attempts to map the PCD configuration fields to how they are being used in the translations.

-james

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

I am looking to migrate 1500 phones from CUCM 8.6 to 11.0, I used the part number R-CBE6K-K9 and chose the license upgrade option, but that only allows me to add 1000 UCL.

I tried this part number but the pricing seems to be off UCL-UCM-UPG-K9. Can you advise on what I should do to migrate 1500 DLU to UCL.

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dwayne

The be6k license SKU has a limit of 1000 users and hence it doesn't allow you

The other SKU is r-ucl-ucm-upg-k9 to use

Now if they have valid SWSS you don't need to do anything

Or look at CUWL-11x-k9 and move them to CUWL

Thanks

Srini

jarias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What Srini said ☺

R-CBE6K-K9 only for midmarket customers of <=1000 users on BE6000 appliance hardware.

-james

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Srinivasan,

I did use that document to create the BOM, but was a bit concerned about the price difference between the mid-market BE6k. I saw that step 5 under 2.2.2 Software Upgrades for Customers without SWSS, say to remove SWSS for a standalone upgrade.

What exactly is classified as a standalone upgrade ? I already have the hardware needed to do the migration as CUCM 8.6 is installed on UCS servers.

Thanks,

Dwayne Rattan

Unified Networking Development Systems Limited

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dwayne

Frankly I am not even sure why the ordering guide has a reference to "standalone" since SWSS is now mandatory for the first year. In fact if you do a config in CCW and remove SWSS it won't allow you to proceed warning you need SWSS for first year. In the past Cisco allowed you to upgrade without maintenance(back when it was ESW/UCSS) or upgrade with it at a reduced cost basically pushing customers to have maintenance on their products. Now with SWSS first year is mandatory anyway so not sure why standalone is relevant

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a discussion ongoing with some member of my team concerning what is needed to migrate Unity Connect license from version 8.6 to 11. I have read that stating from CUC 4.0 and later you can migrate the using COBRAS and the migrated license from the older version will be usable on the new CUC and no additional license will need to be purchased.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/install_upgrade/guide/10xcuciumgx/10xcuciumg060.html

My team thinks this is to good to be true and believe that we need to purchase the migration license R-UNITYCN11-VUP-K9.

What is your recommendation for migrating this license ?

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The key thing is SWSS support. If your current unity cluster has valid SWSS you are good for migrations

You should only use the part number below if your current system isn't covered

Thanks

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: