Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ronlewis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Shared Multiparty (SMP) Licensing offered with TelePresence endpoints supports Multiparty conferencing using TelePresence infrastructure components on customers premises. The customer acknowledges by purchasing SMP license that they have already or plan to deploy the necessary hardware to support Multiparty Conferencing.

Each SMP license allows for one concurrent meeting with unlimited participants, deployed using Cisco Meeting Server or Cisco Telepresence Server. The SMP license also includes 1 Expressway Rich Media Sessions (RMS), and the CUCM/Expressway TP Room License. A single RMS licenses now only needed on Expressway-E with version X8.8 and higher.

For Multiparty conferencing using the SMP License requires one of these options deployed;

• Cisco Meeting Server(s) with an activation key (R-CMS-K9, included with CMS1000 bundle)
  • Cisco TelePresence Server without screen licenses, Cisco Telepresence Conductor, and Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) with Provisioning Engine (TMS-PE).

New customers without CUWL Pro or Meetings, should look at the SMP Starter Kit to get initial package licenses.

Existing customers can just add additional SMP License to their Meeting Server or Conductor.

For deployment details, see here http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/collaboration-meeting-rooms-premises/model.html

More information on SMP along with Personal Multiparty for CUWL-Pro customers, see this at a glance.

Ordering guide with CCO login at http://cisco.com/go/meetingserver

(This note is for CCW users ordering SMP needing more information)

Comments
keglass
Level 7
Level 7
collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ron,

I would like to ask if there is any advantage of smp over tp sl. I have cuwl pro 25  version 10.,tp 4.4,tc 4.1.i saw this multiparty mode on 4.0 version of tc .What is  the  significance of the multiparty mode?

T

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Screen licensing charges you for every device joining a meeting. So if I had three devices that would be 3 screen licensing

On the other hand SMP is by meetings not devices. So that means if I had a meeting and the same three devices joined I would only take one smp and it works out cheaper

SMP is based on number of meetings happening at the same time. However remember Tp server has been end of life so have to look at cms now which uses SMP plus. CUWL Pro likewise is pmp and cms uses pmp plus which means moving to cuwl meetings

Thanks

Srini

Guillermo Guevara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good day - is there temp or trial SMP+ licenses availabe?

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since you work at Cisco, there should be an internal process to issue them right? I have seen Cisco folks issue trial SMP+ licenses for my customer's

srirgopa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How do I get the 1 RMS licenses that comes with each SMP license? Is there a separate SKU that I need to be looking for or send the SO to licensing team and they should get me the RMS based on the SMP ordered?

Thankyou.

Regards

Sriram

ronlewis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RMS is included when buying SMP+ with the LIC-SMP+ or LIC-SMP+EP SKU.

It is not included with migration SKU's.

Should be auto included with the order. If question on this, send me your SO# to review.

Ron

srirgopa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ron,

This customer has SMP under Spark Flex Plan and I see the SKU as A-PRM-LIC-SMP. Do I need to contact Cisco Licensing to get the RMS for this?

Regards

Sriram

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If this is flex you can email licensing@cisco.com and mention that, nothing to do with SMP, you are entitled to a certain ratio of RMS based on your knowledge worker count.

srirgopa
Level 1
Level 1

Thankyou Srini. Will do that.

Outlook for Android

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: