Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Challenges Extending the Workspace

Views
Helpful
Comments
Contributor

In my previous blog I discussed how workspace capabilities are network limited and why.   However, there has been a lot of effort over the years to address these challenges by extending the workspace through point integrations.  These integrations extend the functionality of a particular application and sometimes even the reach, but the user is still limited by the network that application resides in.  So long as you remain in that environment point integrations are good enough, but when you want to pass from one environment to another you're often stuck with having to break state then establishing a new connection to reap the benefits of the other environment.

Video Link : 7133

While there are integrations, there isn't a true integrated experience that users are demanding today.  As the number of devices increase and the capabilities increase, users expect the experience to become more and more seamless.  Video is a great example.  People want video to work on any device, but don't understand the low-level intricacies required for different video formats and resolutions.  Trying to manage all those different video formats presents great challenges and costs in development and maintenance of required code for each integration point.  It's a non-scalable solution.

2 Comments
Contributor

Read more blogs like this one, watch whiteboard video sessions, download our mobile application, and explore Cisco activities at Enterprise Connect Orlando by visiting our Cisco at Enterprise Connect Virtual Experience within the Collaboration Community.  The virtual experience lets you participate in Cisco activities at Enterprise Connect at the show and online.

Cisco Employee

FYI… I am moving this post within the Collaboration Community (from the Cisco Enterprise Connect Virtual Launch Experience 2011 space to the Business Conversations and Sharing space) due to the Cisco Enterprise Connect Virtual Launch Experience 2011 retiring.  This is great content so if you have not viewed it, I encourage you to review now.

Joanne LeBlanc

Collaboration Community Team

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.