cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cicso TMS work with third party Endpoints like Yealink VC800, how to get phone book from TMS

luhuadong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a TMS platform and some cisco endponits. We have got some new Yealink endponits VC800, but we don't know how to make VC800 get phonebook from Cisco TMS. Is there any documents or API for third party endpoints about how can third party endpoints  get phonebook from TMS.

thanks 

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unless the endpoint is on the compatibility list with TMS, then it is highly unlikely that you will be able to provision a phonebook on it with TMS.  So, unlesss you're running a Cisco endpoint, or one of the Polycom HDX models, you're likely to be out of luck.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

luhuadong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wayne,

Do you know how to make it possible, how to make third party endpoints like Yealink VC800 be in the compatibility list with TMS, could you provide documents or contacts who can help.

By the way, we have polycom HDX6000 too, but we can't make it work for the phonebook, I have add HDX6000 in TMS but i can't receive phonebook from TMS.

Thanks for your reply.

best regards. 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For an endpoint to be in the compatibiity list, Cisco has to have done a lot of testing with it to ensure it is compatible.  You could contact your Cisco Account Manager and ask them if the BU will do testing with a certain maufacturer's endpoints, but I wouldn't expect that this would be something they would do without some considerable expense.  If you want to manage endpoints with TMS, then you're best off purchasing ones that are already compatible.

The HDX needs to be added to TMS as a Polycom endpoint (not a 3rd party endpoint) and then have a phonebook assigned to it.  There are also firewall considerations and different ports that are required for a Polycom device that aren't required for a Cisco unit.  TMS must be able to connect to the Polycom device using Telnet on TCP port 24 (not the standard telnet port).  The Polycom devices then also need to be able to request the phone book from the TMS using TCP port 3601.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

luhuadong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wayne,

Great thanks for you.

For polycom HDX6000 getting phonebook from YMS. Do you mean that:

TMS ----> polycom port 24   (TMS connect port 24 of polycom)

Polycom----> TMS port 3601 (polycom connect port 3601 of TMS)

Do i need any other ports for getting phonebook?

best regards. 

luhuadong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wayne,

I have run wireshark in my TMS server, I have seem polycom send packets to TMS in ports 3601 with polycom contacts.

And i also test in TMS server, TMS can connect to port 24 of polycom and it show fellow picture:

polycom.png

Is there any other thing I can do to make it work?

thanks

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to assign a phonebook to the endpoint in TMS. Make sure you click the "Enforce Management Settings" button in TMS for the endpoint too.  On the Polycom endpoint itself you then need to enable and configure the Global Directory Service.  After all of that is done, you will often need a reboot the Polycom to pick up the changes.  Make sure you are running a recent software release on the HDX as well.  The current version is 3.1.13.

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: