Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jsorrell479
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem getting a wireless 7920 to register with my Callmanager servers. We have the phone on our wireless network and it seems happy. But in the Network Config >> Current Config >>  everything looks good except the listing for the CallManager Servers. There is only one server listed and it is not one of ours. The phone authenticates when turned on but then it displays a spinning wheel under the words Cisco Systems a message is displayed below that says "Connecting to CallManager 0" the number at the end changes from 0 through 5 and back to 0.

I have upgraded the firmware of the phone to the latest listed on the Cisco site. I am running CCM 4.2(3)sr4b on three servers. I do have the Cisco 7920 Config Utility V 3.02 installed on my computer.

Comments
gippstafe
Level 1
Level 1

Im having a similar problem.  Cisco Call manager 4.1.  All I can figure is the config file being sent to the device isn't giving it the call manager details, and it's defaulting it to ciscoCM1_AS_CM, can anyone point us in the right direction?

gippstafe
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me where I should be finding the 7920 configuration file? I cannot seem to locate in the TFTP directory.

gippstafe
Level 1
Level 1

It seems to be a DNS resolving problem.  Somehow internally we are able to resolve to ciscoCM1_AS_CM when it shouldn't resolve.  We've had problems with DNS resolving and recently moved to new upstream DNS servers. For some reason, these servers respond with an IP Address when it shouldn't.  From what I understand of the boot process of the IP Phone, it does a DNS query on ciscoCM1, or from what it shows above, ciscoCM1_AS_CM. If that entry exists, then it overrides the configuration file, and uses that as the Call Manager it wants to connect to. As this is not the correct address, it never connects.  If anyone else has any theories, please let me know.

jsorrell479
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to get our problem 7920 working. I was thinking that I don't have a dedicated TFTP server in the system so there was no need to set the TFTP server in the phones configuration. I just left the default public address in there. I was looking at another forum about something unrelated to this problem when I read about the TFTP file under the Prgragem Files >> Cisco folder and the idea just came to me. I put in the IP for my primary CallManager server where the IP for the TFTP server is supposed to go and then exported the new config file to the phone. The phone accepted it and then everything was all good in my world- at least in this small part.

jsorrell479
Level 1
Level 1

Only problem now is that the mic doesn't seem to work right. If I make a call then the mic puts the sound through the speaker, on the same phone I am trying to use. I can hear the person I called but they can't hear me. Also the phone is very staticky and you have to bump it to clear up the static. I have spares for this. Removed the bad one from CCM and replaced with a good one. Everything is working right. This is why you test before you deploy.

gippstafe
Level 1
Level 1

ahh, sounds like a similar problem we had when we first installed the phones.  Good to hear you got it working.  I have to wait for an answer from my ISP to find out why these names resolve, when they shouldn't.  I havent heard back as yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: