cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jaerc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

A customer plans to replace the old attendant console with presence functionallities from cisco jabber for Windows.

As long as the employee has a jabber client everything works fine. At the customer site there are still a lot of hardphones and wireless ip phones without a jabber client. Is it possible to monitor these extensions with jabber? e.g. connected not connected, on a call or ready for a call?

This was possible with the attendant console and I'l looking for a solution to use this with jabber.

Is this possible? Any ideas are welcome.

Kind regards,

Chris

Comments
kkhanis
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have those customer phones you need to check presence status for assigned to users in the cucm?

You could provision these users in the CUPS (or cups section of cucm depending on what version of cucm you are on). This should display the on the phone, off the phone status on the "attendant" jabber client without having to install it for the phone users. It would only show if they are on the phone and in meetings if the users have outlook calendars. Will display unavailable otherwise.

jaerc
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your answer, we are using a CUCM 8.6 release.

If I understand you correctly it is possible to assign extensions to users and then they can be monitored by CUPS?

In Jabber I just search then for this user and can see if he is on the phone, off the phone and if the extension is not registered or not monitored the users will be displayed unavailable?

jaerc
Level 1
Level 1

I did test this. I see now when an extension is on call, but for all other states I get unavailable. I cannot see if the phone is enabled or disabled. (e.g. wireless phone is powered off or hardpohne is unregistered.) Is it possible to check these different state as well?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: