Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
toddgould1
Level 1
Level 1

I currently am running Cisco Jabber 12.1.0 on my MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.2.  One day after restarting my MacBook Jabber IM started not autoscrolling whenever I got a new IM from someone.  Also, whenever I open a new chat with someone the chat opens up and the oldest IM I have in my history for that user.  I would like to get the behavior back to where it was before, where all new chats scrolled the window and new chat open up at the most recent message.  I do not see anything obvious in the preferences to change this behavior.  Any help in getting this resolved would be very helpful!

7 Comments
fcapelo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm having the same issue. From what I understood it's due to Catalina upgrade (MacOS) as it also affected other tools with the same behaviour. Maybe these softwares share some library with that Catalina messed around... We should be having soon an update from Cisco or Apple solving it.

Anurag Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have the same issue after upgrading to Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57).

Not sure if it is Apple or Cisco which needs to fix this issue?

danyr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Running Jabber 12.6 on OSX 10.15.3 and have the same problem.
Anurag Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Everyone

I was able to fix this issue after manually upgrading to Version 12.8.0 (301920). Looks like the auto upgrade on older Jabber versions is broken as it will say you are on the latest version. Also the Cisco estore is still listing the older 12.6 version.

You can get the latest version from:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/283880684/type/284006014/release/12.8(0) (This is the link I used and it may require you to login)

Or

https://www.webex.com/downloads/jabber.html (I haven't used this link but I am assuming you get the latest version from here)

Please note by default this new version looks very similar to Webex Teams and that can create confusion. To Avoid that you can change the way jabber looks by Selecting "Classic" App View at:

Jabber > Preferences > Appearance > App View > Classic.
Jabber > Preferences > Appearance > App View > ClassicJabber > Preferences > Appearance > App View > Classic

HTH
Thanks & Regards
-Anurag

danyr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Anurag,

Thank you for posting this update. It’s so annoying that I almost stopped using Jabber and transitioned to Webex Teams fulltime (which is probably what Cisco wants any ways).

Regards,
-dany
Anurag Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dany

You are most welcome and Yes I totally agree. I guess we will eventually move (everyone and everything) to Webex Teams and probably decommision Jabber.

Till then there are couple of reasons I still want Jabber:

1. For Soft Phone (Webex Teams has the capability but it is not enabled at Cisco Yet Ref: https://help.webex.com/en-us/zhrr8q/Calling-Capabilities-in-Cisco-Webex-Teams).
  2. There are people who still use Jabber as primary IM client and don't check or login to teams so for communicating with them I need to have Jabber.

I am glad everything is working fine now.

Thanks & Regards
-Anurag

ninazavarin
Level 1
Level 1

Can Jabber make their new scrolling bar thicker? In the new set up the scroll bar is so thin, i accidentally press on the contacts instead of the scroll bar. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: