Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Media Streaming App (MOH) and Cisco MOH Device in RTMT question

Hi guys, 

I have been trying to figure it out what is the difference between these counters in RTMT.

I have taken a  look at the description of the Alerts, and to me does not seems self explanatory also why use the "MOHStreamsActive" over "MOHUnicastResourceActive" or "MOHMulticastResourceActive". are those related?  or they are the same?

First counter.

1. Server --> Cisco Media Streaming App --> MOHStreamsActive 

Object: Cisco Media Streaming App
Counter: MOHStreamsActive
Desc: This represents the total number of active (currently in use) simplex (one direction) streams for all connections. There is one output stream for each device listening to a unicast audio source and one input stream for each active audio source, multiplied by the number of MOH codecs. NOTE: Current behavior for this counter is such that when an audio source has been used once, it will always have one input stream for each configured MOH codec. For unicast streams, the stream may be in a suspended state where no audio data is received until a device connects to listen to the stream. Each MOH multicast resource uses one stream for each audio source and codec combination. For example, if you have configured the default audio source for multicast, G.711 mu-law and wideband codecs, then two streams are used (default audio source + G.711 mu-law and default audio source + wideband).

I just dont understand anything about this.

2. Server --> Cisco Media Streaming App --> MOHStreamsAvailable

Object: Cisco Media Streaming App
Counter: MOHStreamsAvailable
Desc: This represents the remaining number of streams allocated for the MOH device that are available for use. This counter starts as 408 plus the number of configured half-duplex unicast connections, and is reduced by 1 for each active stream started. The counter is reduced by 2 for each multicast audio source, multiplied by the number of MOH codecs configured. The counter is reduced by 1 for each unicast audio source, multiplied by the number of MOH codecs configured.

The part in red does not make sense.

3. Server --> Cisco MOH Device --> MOHUnicastResourceActive.

Object: Cisco MOH Device
Counter: MOHUnicastResourceActive
Instance: MOHServer1
Desc: This represents the number of active unicast MOH connections to this MOH server. Each MOH unicast resource uses one stream.

This is very clear to me.

Could you please help me to understand the following?

• How the MOH counters on MOH Device and the Media Streaming APP are related? 
  • Please help me to explain the #1 and #2.
  • If possible, please help me how to configure the 408 number, why it is 408?
  • Also which one I should use as authoritative source of information for actual MOH streams active.

Thank you very much for yor help.

0 Replies 0