Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) 10.x

Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Employee

This blog is intended to help users to understand CUCM 10.x migration procedure, licensing, features & enhancements. Through this blog I will be focussing on below topics

> Migrating to CUCM ver 10.x via Prime Collaboration Deployment (PCD)

> License Migration to CUCM ver 10.x

> CUCM 10.x New Features & Enhancements

> Security Enhancements

We will be discussing concept, configuration & troubleshooting tips. If anytime you have any queries, please feel free to post it.

Prime Collaboration Deployment (PCD) Concept

PCD_Concept.png

Prime Collaboration Deployment Migration Task Demo - Part 1

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 10.20.41 PM.png

Prime Collaboration Deployment Migration Task Demo - Part 2

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 10.24.51 PM.png

CUCM 10.x Features & Enhancements

We have an ongoing Ask the Expert session covering the following topics

Install/Upgrade

• Single-step change IPhostname on CUCM cluster
  • Supported Server List - Virtual Only
  • VM Dynamic Disk Size Reallocation
  • 64 Bit RHEL6 OS VOS

Call Routing Enhancements

• Routing Enhancements – No Inter Digit Timer Using Urgent Translation
  • Translation Pattern Calling Search Space Inheritance
  • Routing Enhancements – Ability to make DNs Urgent Priority
  • Multiple Local Route Group

46 Comments
VIP Advisor

Is PCD a requirement for upgrading to 10?  Or is it optional and just highly suggested?

Cisco Employee

HI Anthony,

Its not a mandatory requirement. The legacy was of upgrade is still available & supported. PCD only simplfies & automates the task. The software is shipped along with the purchase CUCM 10.x with no extra cost. Having said that, its upto the customer & administrator to upgrade using the method that is more suitable to thier environment.

Thanks & Regards

Raees Shaikh

Explorer

Hi, I have a requirement to upgrade from 6.1.2 to 10. Is the best way to do an upgrade to 6.1.5 then pcd to 10 as it seems that the earliest pcd support is 6.1.5 or a "jump" upgrade to 9 then pcd to 10?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Hi Paul

As you would be performing an upgrade from CUCM ver 6.1.3, I understand you are currently running on MCS servers. I would therefore suggest you to move using PCD for the following advantages

1. PCD greatly simplifies migration to virtualized platform

2. You only need to upgrade to the closest supported platform which in your case is CUCM ver 6.1.5. During migration PCD will only power off your existing 6.x servers in you choose to keep the existing servers network information. This way you have a better failover mechanism.

3. Migration via PCD is unattended & saves the administrator a lot of time.

Please feel free to revert incase of any further concerns or queries in this regard, id be glad to help you. Please do rate this blog if you have found it helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Raees Shaikh

Cisco Employee

Hi Suresh

Please find the answers inline in regards to your queries

1. Do we need to assign IP address to PCD ?

[Raees]    Yes, PCD installation is like any other UC Application installation procedure.

2. How can we get the PCD tool, I mean is it downloadable or it comes with CUCM ISO CD ?

[Raees]     PCD software CD is shipped along with CUCM ISO.

Hope that answers your queestions. Please feel free to revert incase you have any further concerns or queries.

Thanks & Regards

Raees Shaikh

P.S. Please do rate the post if you find it useful.

Rising star

Thank you so much Raees for the prompt response, but again I came with new questions ;-)

After successfull migration can we remove the virtual machine on which PCD has been installed, is there impact on cluster of doing this ?

Will this (PCD) work for Unity Connection and Presence server migration as well ?

Regards, Suresh

Beginner

Hello Raees,

Are you aware of possiblilty to use PCD to upgrade Presence & also UCCX?

Thank you

Enthusiast

Why is the video gone now? Its not working.

Enthusiast

Nevermind I got the video working in IE, not so well in firefox.

Cisco Employee

Hello Randell

The supported releases section in the PCD Admin guide provides more details in this regard

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/ucmap/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U9C58CB1_00_ucmap-administration-guide/CUCM_BK_U9C58CB1_00_ucmap-administration-guide_chapter_011.html#CUCM_TP_SFE27465_00

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards

Raees Shaikh

Cisco Employee

Hi Suresh

Yes, PCD can be used to migrate CUP but not Unity Connection. You can find more information in the PCD Admin guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/ucmap/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U9C58CB1_00_ucmap-administration-guide/CUCM_BK_U9C58CB1_00_ucmap-administration-guide_chapter_011.html#CUCM_TP_SFE27465_00

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards

Raees Shaikh

Beginner

Hi Raees,

- This is the same application than "Prime Collaboration for Provisioning?

- Can be installed in Be6K?

- Can it be deleted after the upgrade is performed?

Cisco Employee

Hello Lopez

Prime Collaboration Deployment is not the same as Prime Collaboration Provisioning. Although it forms a part of Prime suite, this new application PCD is developed into to simplify the upgrade/migrate procedure to CUCM 10.x. This tool greatly reduces the time & effort involved in migrating legacy CUCM servers to CUCM 10.x running on virtualized platform. I would recommend you to go through the concept video for better understanding.

Feel free to reach out to me incase of any queries.

P.S. Please do rate this blog & video`s if you find them useful.

Kind Regards

Raees Shaikh

Cisco Employee

Hi Eric

Sounds like a browser issue. Let me know if you still have any issues accessing these videos.

Thanks & Regards

Raees Shaikh

Cisco Employee

Hi All

Please be aware of the following defect

CSCun39584    PCD 10.0(1) cannot discover UCCX 10.0 cluster

DE`s are currently working to address this defect & we will keep you posted on this fix.

Thanks & Regards

Raees Shaikh

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards