cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Cisco Unity Connection - Information you should include when opening any Unity Connection TAC case.

Views
Helpful
Comments
Cisco Employee

The purpose of this blog post is to give our Unity Connection customers the ability to increase the efficiency in which their cases are handled by empowering them with the information TAC finds the most useful at the start of any investigation regarding the Unity Connection product. I am providing this as a means to spread this info so time isn't wasted asking for it upon new case creation and to speed the overall issue resolution time. With this in mind, I would recommend that customers and partners include any of this information and include it in any new case creation.

Please include any of the following information that you can. Obviously, the more you can provide at the beginning, the better the case will start. Trust me, your TAC engineer will be forever greatful to have this information before they even grab the case.

What version of Unity Connection are you using and what, if any engineering specials are applied?

What version of Call Manager or PBX type are you integrated with?

What has changed that may have caused the issue?

What is the severity of impact this problem is having on your business?

To get the full version needed in the first question, go to the Unity Connection Administration Page and you will see the full version under the page Title "Cisco Unity Connection Administration" and should have a format similar to this "Version 7.1.3ES37.33028-37"

Also, the more detailed you make the issue heading on your case or you provide the CIN agent, the better off you will be. Please try not to open a case with "Cisco Unity" or "Unity help" or anything similarly vague. A better example of a detailed subject description would be something similar to this:

Unity Connection 8.5.1 ESxx.xxxxx-xx with Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging setup help.

or

Unity Connection 7.1.3 ESxx.xxxxx-xx can't import CUCM integrated users.

or

Unity Connection 7.1.3 ESxx.xxxxx-xx IMAP with Outlook 2007 not working.

or

Unity Connection 8.5.1 ESxx.xxxxx-xx services will not start.

If you consider yourself a power user and know a thing or two about the issue and have traces of the issue already, please zip them up and include them as well. If you believe you are hitting a bug that you have verified via bug toolkit, please include the bug id.

If you just take the time to provide as much of this information as possible from the beginning, you will find that the TAC engineer will have a greater ability to jump in more directly and engage the issue. This helps the TAC engineer and ultimately you, our partners and end customers.

I hope you find this helpful and it allows you to solve issues faster.

1 Comment
Beginner

Great great post Tray Stoutmeyer . It was a very useful information and I wanna thank you for the efforts of sharing these tips. I agree with you that take time to go read it again to have the best tutorial & also share with you Cisco - Koenig Solution website to review.  

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here