Views
Helpful
Comments
azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

what is Cisco Webex Education Connector:

Cisco Webex Education Connector is a Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) integration that natively integrates Webex Meetings/Trainings/Events and Webex Teams into the Learning Management System (LMS) environment to bring the best classroom and project collaboration experience to where teachers plan and students learn. 

Webex Education Connector works with Webex Teams and with Webex Meetings, Webex Events, and Webex Training. It integrates with Canvas by Instructure, Blackboard Learn, Moodle, Brightspace by D2L, Sakai, and more.

With Cisco Educationn connector, you can: 

• Schedule meetings and facilitate collaboration within your learning management system.
  • Integrate Webex Teams and Webex meetings into your learning management system.

• Schedule Webex meetings, events, training sessions, or team meetings and invite all class members.

• Share office hours and view analytics, including attendance.

• Create a team or space within Webex Teams so that class members can communicate, share files, receive updates, and see links to meeting recordings or upcoming meetings.

Why is this important? 

As explained in below post: 

LMS integration for Webex Meetings, Webex Trainings, Webex Teams

LMS integration is key to offer succesful collab services to your users (teachers, professors,students)

Where can I find more details on Webex Education Connector:

https://apphub.webex.com/meetings/applications/cisco-webex-education-connector-for-learning-management-systems

The Cisco Webex Education Connector for Teachers

The Cisco Webex Education Connector for Students

Install the Cisco Webex Education Connector in Your Learning Management System

Video - Faculty Setup Cisco Education Connector 

Video - Cisco Education Connector Techie Setup

Webinar - The Future of Education Drive Higher Engagement with Collaboration Tools

Video - Learn and stay connected with the Cisco Webex Education Connector

Video - Adopting Webex in Education

Webex for Higher Education Adoption kit 

- includes nice adoption material/use cases for Faculty and Students

Webex for Schools Adoption kit  

- includes nice training material and videos for admins/teachers/students/etc.

Related blogs:

Education - The More Intuitive Way to Learn (Oct2018)

Education Beyond the Classroom- Adopting Webex in Schools (July2019)

------------------------------------------------------

please rate the posts you find useful

you can follow this post if you like, in order to get updates

rgds

Alkiviadis 

DISCLAIMER: this post was created in order to provide useful info to Cisco partners and customers in my area (Greece/Cyprus and Malta).  For official and updated information, please consult cisco documentation, datasheets and ordering guides.

Comments
azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

please check this with TAC and/or your Cisco collab team. 

I have not heard similar feedback but in any case I am not from product team and don't have visibility on all the issues.

rgds

Alkiviadis

philpav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've just opened a case describing the issue. 

Several instructors mentioned this and I could confirm it on Android 10.

Thank you & kind regards

Philipp

Paul Freiberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a privacy datasheet of the connector.

Our Moodle administrator is afraid of how much access this connector would like to get.

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Paul Freiberg 

I am aware of Webex Meetings privacy datasheet  and Webex Teams privacy datasheet which describe privacy poilicy for webex services but unfortunately I am not aware of any other specific document on Education connnector. 

You need to coordinate with your Cisco account team to work on this. 

rgds

Alkiviadis 

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Paul FreibergWe had to give it "GOD" access to our CANVAS infrastructure in order to get it work... 

If it wanted to, it can do everything - delete every class, create thousands of classes, whatever - it has full access to everything.

This refers to the education connector from involvio.

selwilli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this something to be downloaded for free but that requires customer to already have Webex meetings suite or this something that we sell which comes with Webex meetings suite (MC+TC+EC)? 
I can't find the **bleep** SKU for this thing anywhere... I have a new prospect customer asking for it and no one seems to know anything about this... Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @selwilli ,

it is free, this does not require ordering or any SKUs. This is avaiable for all Webex customers. You have to follow documentation to configure this. 

I guess your local Collab team could assist further. 

rgds

Alkiviadis

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight
selwilli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated! =)

philpav
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an ETA on when the new Events (Webinars) will be available in the Education Connector?

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi @philpav 

I am not aware of any ETA on this. Most EDU customers move from TC to Webex Meetings for webcourses. 
Would be interesting to hear use case for Events+LMS EDU connector to pass to product team. 
In other words what kind of features that you have in Events are needed for webcourses that Webex Meetings does not cover? 

rgds

Alkiviadis

philpav
Level 1
Level 1

@azoupas 
Thanks for your reply!

Events are still preferred here for big classes because of the fewer distractions compared to Meetings. We have classes with more than 600 students. Events and Webinars allow more control compared to Meetings.

E.g. in Meetings it's not possible to prevent students from activating the webcam. 

But you are right. More and more Trainings and Event features are finding its way into Meetings

philpav
Level 1
Level 1

Are there more infos on whether Webex Education Connector is still being developed?
I'd like it to support Webinars, so that students are identified via the LMS. 

Would this be a viable workaround:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-webinars-formerly-webex-events/webex-webinars-with-url-parameters/td-p/4616048

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi @philpav 
pardon me for late reply!
Please check this topic with our devnet webex support team - you can sent an email here to discuss this: devsupport@webex.com

rgds

Alkiviadis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: